4 nights in Switzerland starting from Italy

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 February 2018 at 6:53:31 #814407

hi ,

I am traveling to Europe for the first time and plan to cover Italy, Switzerland , Paris and Amsterdam across 22 days form 24th pril to 15th may ,I have booked my plan for Italy, which is ending on 1st of may , i have to spend 2nd to 6th of may 2018 in Switzerland and have booked the stay for 4 nights at lucerne through Air BNB.and the return tickets are booked form Zurich to Paris the flight departs at 3 pm in the afternoon .for paris

would need help on planning the trip .

I have to either fly or zurich or geneva , please advice as the tickets form Rome to Geneva is available as less than half the price as compared to Zurich ,my check time at lucerns is form 2 pm on 2nd and check out is form 6th at 10 am.

how should i plan my itenary for Switzerland i want to see the beauties of Switzerland , including titlis/ jungfrosand travel in one of the scenic trains

how many days of swiss passs should i buy, should i buy continuous dates or flexible pass

I am traveling with my wife and my son of 9 years with a bit of luggage as i have a long trip planned

regards

sagar

bangalore, India

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 February 2018 at 9:54:56 #876620

Hi Sagar and welcome to MySwissAlps!

If the plane price is that much cheaper to Geneva than by all means fly there. 🙂

From Geneva you can take a train to Montreux and start the Golden Pass scenic train route on to Lucerne. It would be a bit of a long day but quite scenic and if you fly into Geneva in the morning could work quite well.

Lucerne to Jungfraujoch is quite a long day (4 hours by train each way) so be ready for that.
    Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out all your trips. The mountains near Lucerne – noted here – are much easier to reach than Jungfraujoch (like Mt. Titlis).

I would suggest buying a 4 day consecutive Swiss Travel Pass – no need for a Swiss Travel Pass Flex. You can add on the Swiss Family Card to your order for free (which give your son free travel with you everywhere in the country.

I hope that helps your planning – let us know if you have more questions!

Arno
    15482 posts
    18 February 2018 at 18:59:19 #876621

Hi Sagar,

This tip might come too late if you have plane tickets that can’t be cancelled, but just in case: for the Lucerne to Paris transfer I’d recommend sticking to the trains. That’s quicker and often cheaper. Only one change in Basel gets you to the center of Paris, so it’s more convenient than a flight as well (considering check-in times and transfers to and from airports).

http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2018 at 10:02:13 #876622

hey thanks lucas,

will plan accordingly , just wanted a bit more info

how much time will it take in total to reach lucerne form geneva- montreux – lucerne

how do i reach montreux, do i need any booking or canm just buy the swiss pass and move , do i also need to reserve the seat for the golden pass train , what are the timing for departure , tried seeing the time table but it seems a bit confusing .

the flight form rome to geneva will reach geneva at 10:20 am

will i have to buy extra train tickets for golden pass even as i plan to buy the swiss travel pass for 4 days .

is their any possibility i i could squeeze in glarier express in the time i have

would be grate if you help me plan my entire itenary for four nights , as i plan to cover the best of Switzerland scenic , to make it one of the most memorable trip of our life

appreciate you help and advice

thanks

sagar

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2018 at 13:03:44 #876623

Hi Sagar,

Please use the Swiss timetable. When traveling from Montreux to Lucerne via the Golden Pass, make sure to put Zweisimmen in the via box. There’s no need to book tickets in advance and you don’t need any seat reservations. It’s covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.

We don’t create itineraries here, but we’re happy to give you our feedback. However, since you’ve booked already accommodation for four nights in Lucerne, you’re question might be more around what to do in Lucerne? It will be difficult to fit in the Glacier Express.

• The thread ‘4 nights in Switzerland starting from Italy’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.