4D3N honeymoon trip from Geneve to Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2017 at 1:30:49 #810797

Hi everyone I’m Maureen from Indonesia

I’m planning to go to Switzerland by the end of May for 3 nights.

Arriving 27 in Geneve (from Rome) and go back to my country from Zurich on 30 in the evening.

I really need some advice on this honeymoon trip 😀

I was thinking roughly routes:

1. Geneve-lausanne-montreux in a day

2. Bern and Thun in a day

3. Kandersteg to play Oeschinensee rodelbahn, Lucern

4. Strolling in Zurich on the last day

My questions:

1. How to arrange my accomodation? Stay 1 night in every city? My luggage is the biggest concern

2. Any suggestion on how i should arrange the itinerary?

3. I’m planning to do couple photoshoot, i like greenery or any breath-taking scenery. Which of those cities are more likely fits?

I havent book ticket to Geneve or any accomodations. Should you have any better idea, i’m so much welcome.

Thank you everyone 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2017 at 7:47:36 #858960

Hi Maureen and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Congratulations on the honeymoon!

1. I would try and limit the towns you stay in on such a short trip. Based on your ideas I would perhaps look at Montreux and Thun and then visit the areas/attractions you want from there before your last night in Zurich. What time does you flight depart Zurich? If it is mid-morning or later you can stay in central Switzerland for that 3rd night.

Take a look at our hotels page for ideas on hotels at each city. You can also book your hotels on that page as well.

2. If you are look for that “Swiss Mountain” scenery I would stay 1 night in Montreux and 2 nights in Interlaken (if you don’t need to get to Zurich too early in the morning). Take a look at the “what to do” tabs on these pages. Interlaken is close to several top attractions, such as the Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn among others. You can also take the Golden Pass Panoramic Train from Montreux to Interlaken which will show you some great scenery!

An alternative to Interlaken is Luzern (local German spelling). Which also offers a wide area of mountain attractions – listed here and you can take the Golden Pass train to Luzern as well.

Hopefully my links will help you get your head wrapped around some options and show you what there is to see and do here. Let me know what you think of those places and we can further adjust your itinerary. How are you planning on entering Switzerland and from where in Italy?

Regards,

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2017 at 5:07:43 #858961

Hi, thank you Lucas!

1. my flight from Zurich departs at 6/7 pm.

2. So it is better to go straight to Montreux when I first land on Geneva? I dont mind the short sight-seeing there. I heard it’s also beautiful.

and is it possible to see a little bit of everything? I mean seeing the best lake, best scenery mountain, and best historical place, and so on? I mean i know we can’t say which one is the best one, but i really would like to see the highlights :))

i will be flying to Geneve from Rome. Arring Geneve at 12 pm so I have about little more than a half day to explore.

Your help is so much appreciated 🙂

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 February 2017 at 9:29:04 #858962

Hi Maureenm,

1. That’s late enough to stay in Luzern your last night if you want to. It’s only about an hour from the airport by train.

2. For mountain scenery Montreux is certainly better. From Geneva you can only see mountains on the horizon. Of course you can explore Geneva for a few hours, that’s certainly worth it: myswissalps.com/hiking /geneva.

The links in Lucas’s post provide lots of things to see/do to optimize your itinerary. Just let us know if you need more help.

• The thread ‘4D3N honeymoon trip from Geneve to Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.