4d3n itinerary based in Lauterbrunnen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 January 2016 at 22:39:20 #808346

Hello there…Could you give me some advice for travelling in Switzerland for 4D3N?Below are few informations about my journey:

• Arriving at Geneve airport at 10.50am 10 May
    • Staying 3 nights at Lauterbrunnen
    • Travel date 10-13 May 2016
    • 2 adults and 1 toddler
    • Depart Geneve Airport at 9.55pm 13 May

If you don’t mind could you suggest places that can be covered within 4d3n, most suitable outfit to bring during this time and the best travel pass for this journey?

Many Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    1 February 2016 at 15:12:37 #848067

Hi norazwana22!

Lauterbrunnen is beautiful, you’ll definitely enjoy your stay there. Please study the “What to do” sections of our Jungfrau region and Bernese Oberland pages for recommended activities. Note that May isn’t high season, so not all trains and cable cars will be operational yet. The main ones will be though, and there’s more than enough to do for a 4 days stay.

Which pass is best can only be told for sure once you have a finalized list of plans. For now, I suggest you look into the 4 day Swiss Travel Pass. It will cover all regular train, bus and boat journeys, including the long legs Geneva-Lauterbrunnen and back, and discounts on mountain trips. By the way, I recommend to do either your inbound or outbound trip (or both) by Golden Pass via Montreux and Zweisimmen, rather than the quicker route via Bern. The Swiss Travel Pass will cover the Golden Pass route too.

An alternative is the Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi, providing a free return trip Geneva-Lauterbrunnen-Geneva plus a 50% discount made on trips during your stay in Lauterbrunnen. However, the Swiss Transfer Ticket requires you to use the quickest/cheapest train route, and that doesn’t include the Golden Pass.

• The thread ‘4d3n itinerary based in Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.