4D4N December itinerary with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2017 at 4:54:19 #812300

Hi, we need advices for the itinerary below:

7th Dec 17: Munich-Zurich-lucerne (plan to get the earliest train from Munich, skip Zurich. Hope can reach lucern by noon. Have cruise ride in lake lucerne, sight seeing. (Stay in lucerne city)

8th Dec 17:Lucern – my. Titlis (stay in lucerne city)

9th dec17:lucerne-interlaken- lauterbrunnen-wengen-Kleine Scheidegg-Grindelwald (stay in wengen, but is it convenient to reach wengen from lucern with luggage?

10th Dec 17: wengen – mison cailler cheese & chocolate factory-Geneva (stay in Geneva, taking morning flight on 11th Dec 17. (Notice long journey from wengen to Geneva, if visiting the factory is time consuming, would it be any other option for that day? Lausanne?

I’m so confused with the route that covered by Swiss pass. Appreciate if u can help to point out route that isn’t covered by Swiss pass in my itinerary.

thanks & have a nice day

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2017 at 6:59:41 #865260

your itinerary seems to be fine

if you plan to stay at wengen i would suggest a small change on 9th dec 2017 itinerary. Just start your trip from lucerneinterlakengrindelwald-kleine scheidegg-wengen ( help you to save on travel time )

as you are for a shorter period in swiss cheese and chocolate factory should be missed.

its better to have some time more in geneva or laussanne

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2017 at 8:45:23 #865261

On 9th Dec we will have to travel along with our luggages until last stop at wengen? Just worried it’s inconvenient as our luggages are quite big😅

Annika
    7104 posts
    17 June 2017 at 11:25:19 #865262

Hi Swissdec2017,

You can use the luggage service to have it all sent to Wengen. But in general traveling with suitcases and backpacks is pretty doable, even if they’re large. Rockoyster just mentioned it in his recent trip report.

All regular routes are covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. Please see our validity page and download the map for details. You’d only need additional tickets for Engelberg-Titlis (50% off) and for the legs between Wengen, Kleine Scheidegg and Grindelwald (25% off).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2017 at 15:54:12 #865263

Thanks annika

• The thread ‘4D4N December itinerary with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.