4D4N December itinerary with Swiss Travel Pass

4D4N December itinerary with Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Swissdec2017
Swissdec2017
38 posts
Jun 17, 2017 - 4:54 AM

Hi, we need advices for the itinerary below:

7th Dec 17: Munich-Zurich-lucerne (plan to get the earliest train from Munich, skip Zurich. Hope can reach lucern by noon. Have cruise ride in lake lucerne, sight seeing. (Stay in lucerne city)

8th Dec 17:Lucern - my. Titlis (stay in lucerne city)

9th dec17:lucerne-interlaken- lauterbrunnen-wengen-Kleine Scheidegg-Grindelwald (stay in wengen, but is it convenient to reach wengen from lucern with luggage?

10th Dec 17: wengen - mison cailler cheese & chocolate factory-Geneva (stay in Geneva, taking morning flight on 11th Dec 17. (Notice long journey from wengen to Geneva, if visiting the factory is time consuming, would it be any other option for that day? Lausanne?

I'm so confused with the route that covered by Swiss pass. Appreciate if u can help to point out route that isn't covered by Swiss pass in my itinerary.

thanks & have a nice day

rajikadinesh
rajikadinesh
87 posts
Jun 17, 2017 - 6:59 AM in reply to Swissdec2017

your itinerary seems to be fine

if you plan to stay at wengen i would suggest a small change on 9th dec 2017 itinerary. Just start your trip from lucerne-interlaken-grindelwald-kleine scheidegg-wengen ( help you to save on travel time )

as you are for a shorter period in swiss cheese and chocolate factory should be missed.

its better to have some time more in geneva or laussanne

Swissdec2017
Swissdec2017
38 posts
Jun 17, 2017 - 8:45 AM in reply to rajikadinesh

On 9th Dec we will have to travel along with our luggages until last stop at wengen? Just worried it's inconvenient as our luggages are quite big😅

Annika
Annika
4924 posts
expert &
Jun 17, 2017 - 11:25 AM

Hi Swissdec2017,

You can use the luggage service to have it all sent to Wengen. But in general traveling with suitcases and backpacks is pretty doable, even if they're large. Rockoyster just mentioned it in his recent trip report.

All regular routes are covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. Please see our validity page and download the map for details. You'd only need additional tickets for Engelberg-Titlis (50% off) and for the legs between Wengen, Kleine Scheidegg and Grindelwald (25% off).

Last modified on Jun 17, 2017 - 5:08 PM by Arno
Swissdec2017
Swissdec2017
38 posts
Jun 20, 2017 - 3:54 PM

Thanks annika

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018