4N 5D Swiss Holiday – Accommodation in Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2016 at 23:03:41 #810080

Thanks for all the info on this site. It’s really helping me to plan my family (myself my wife and years old kind) holiday for only 5 days. I am travelling from UK to Basel Euro Airport. My plan is as follows. Appreciate if you can suggest some hotel / apartment in Interlaken for 2 nights.

Day1: Checkin in Zurich apartment at 8:00 PM. Not sure if we can visit any place that night. Please advise.?

Day2: Zurich to Chur to Lugnao – Bernia Express and back to Zurich say at 10:00 PM // Sep 24th

Day3: Check out and place luggage at Luzern station and go for Titlis using Rotair cable car. While coming back avail boat trip to Luzern. Get the luggage and move to Interlaken. Would try to take 3:00 PM Golden pass express to Interlaken

Day4: Would try for Jungfraujoch but if the weather isn’t good then would go to Montreux and comeback to Interlaken by fast train.

Day5: Would try for Jungfraujoch – if the weather is not good then nearby village or any suggestion? We have flight at 9:45 PM from Basel so plan to leave interlaken by 3:30 PM

Would buy 4 days travel card and free family card. Regarding hotel we always prefer apartment with small kitchen. I am finding different option on airbnb but don’t have much idea about location.

It’s our first Swisse trip and expenses may go up to 1800 GBP. Appreciate if you can suggest anything that would help our plan better. We have taken 2 long train bernia and golden express. It may be hectic but it’s once in a lifetime.

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 September 2016 at 17:53:23 #855900

Hi pals78,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I’m glad the website is helpful in your planning.

I would not know any sites to visit in Zurich after 8 PM. It will be dark by then, and museums etc. will be closed. You can stroll across the historical town center, that’s about it I guess. Could be quite nice though, even at night.

As for accommodation: is the below thread helpful?

myswissalps.com/forum/ topic/4-night-accommodation-at-interlaken

If not, please let us know your budget for the 2 nights and the exact dates.

Note that there is no fast train from Jungfraujoch to Interlaken. All trains take the same time. There are two routes to get there: myswissalps.com/ jungfraujoch/ gettingthere.

Please be sure to print your pass at home to save time. As you live in the UK you can visit http://www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk for that. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass without delivery fees in 1-3 business days (so do order in time). Other purchase options can be found here.

I hope this was useful!

• The thread ‘4N 5D Swiss Holiday – Accommodation in Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.