4 Nights & 3.5 days in Switzerland to see the Alps

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2018 at 12:00:19 #815425

Hello everyone,

we are vistiing Switzerland in early June 2018 for 4Nights &31/2 days and are In/out is from Geneva.

we want to visit the swiss alps

Take a scenic route.

What is that we can do and go in these many days?

Would appreciate your advice/inputs

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2018 at 18:49:17 #882695

Hi kjr221 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I would suggest looking at staying in the Jungfrau region for some nice mountain experiences.

From Geneva you can take a train to Montreux and then take a train on the Golden Pass route to Interlaken. You could then stay at Interlaken, but more popular mountain villages would be Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald, Wengen or Mürren.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2018 at 0:06:40 #882696

Thanks for your inputs Lucas.

Some suggested we go to mtTItlis. What would you suggest?

How about Jungfraujoch?

Any thoughts?

Where do we stay?

I

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2018 at 0:14:19 #882697

Zermatt/Gornergrat/Matterhorn and the western Alps would be better than Jungfraujoch and Titlis for a short trip flying in and out of Geneva

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2018 at 7:04:43 #882698

Yes, Zermatt and area is much more easily reached from Geneva. It really depends on what you want to see/do and how long you are willing to travel to get there. 🙂

See the Swiss railways timetable here.

If you aren’t set on some of the more “popular” mountains (like Titlis and Jungfraujoch (as you see many people know them) you could have an excellent time in Montreux (Rochers de Naye and/or Glacier 3000 for mountains) and Zermatt for the Gornergrat to see the Matterhorn.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2018 at 23:12:08 #882699

Indeed Rochers de Naye was in my mind when suggesting staying west. Equally good mountain views as the popular mountain destinations further east, plus Marmots, walking possibilties etc.

Even lower and quickly accesible uplands give great views, such as Les Pleiades above Vevey:

http://www.region-du-leman.ch/en/P636/star-train-vevey-les-pleiades

Then there’s all the vineyards on the slopes above Lac Leman

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2018 at 1:47:54 #882700

First of all thank you all for wonderful advise. I have finalized my itin.

Day 1: Arrive at Geneva airport at 8 AM and travel to Lauterbrunnen.

Day 2: Visit Schilthorn via Murren.

Day 3: Visit Jungfraujoch

Day 4: Depart fm Lauterbrunnen for Geneva reaching at ~2PM and do siteseeing.

Day 5: Depart early morning from GVA

Which travel pass will you recommend for the above itin?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2018 at 5:59:27 #882701

For ease of use I would lean to the Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days. On the 5th day you can just buy a very cheap ticket to Geneva airport.

The Swiss Travel Pass will cover all your trips except between Wengen or Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch. You need to buy a ticket for that portion of the trip to Jungfraujoch which is discounted 25% with the Swiss Travel Pass.

You can buy the Swiss Travel Pass online here and have it emailed to you to print at home. This way you have back up copies to print again in case you lose it.

• The thread ‘4 Nights & 3.5 days in Switzerland to see the Alps’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.