5-7 day wildcamping hike Swiss Alp, early July

• Thorbjth
    Participant
    3 posts
    17 May 2022 at 15:25:34 #827212

Hi,

My wife and I have wildcamped for many years on hikes in sweden and norway.

This summer in early July 2022 we would like to hike in the Swiss Alps, a 5-7 day hike, and we would like to wildcamp every night, 1 night in each wildcamp place.

I have researched about the rules for wildcamping and it seems to be possible and allowed in Switzerland above the tree line, avoiding national parks and reserves. with regional differences

So the question: does anywhere here have recommendations for a 5-7 day hike in the swiss alps, where we can be sure to wild camp legallly every night, with 1 night per place we pitch the tent, ie a new place to pitch the tent every day.

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6355 posts
    17 May 2022 at 20:15:59 #941982

Hi Thorbjth,

Welcome to the forum, thanks for joining MySwissAlps.

Wild camping above the tree line is generally allowed but some cantons have stricter rules than others. I think as long as you follow the rules, you can pitch your tent anywhere that is not a forest reserve, a wildlife sanctuary, a protected area, etc. Also you might want to consider nature campsites as an alternative. These nature-based camping sites come with basic services.

More information about wild camping here: http://www.myswissalps.com/campsites/wildcamping

Regards,

Anna

Arno
    15478 posts
    18 May 2022 at 17:57:28 #941983

Hi Thorbjth,

As you can read on the page Anna linked to, the exact regulations can differ per region and municipality. So it’s good to contact local tourism offices for the region(s) you plan to hike in, to make sure you’re indeed allowed to wildcamp on the preferred spots.

Multi-day routes are listed at http://www.schweizmobil.ch/en/hiking-in-switzerland.html. You could consider sections of Via Alpina (http://www.schweizmobil.ch/en/hiking-in-switzerland/route-01.html), but there are many more options.

Thorbjth
    Participant
    3 posts
    19 May 2022 at 9:57:57 #941984

Hi Arno,

thanks a lot for this, that’s extremely helpful!

best

Thorbjørn

Thorbjth
    Participant
    3 posts
    19 May 2022 at 9:58:35 #941985

Hi Anna,

Great, thanks a lot, very helpful!

best

Thorbjørn

• The thread ‘5-7 day wildcamping hike Swiss Alp, early July’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.