5 day itinerary based in Lauterbrunnen and Luzern

5 day itinerary based in Lauterbrunnen and Luzern

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ashima
ashima
12 posts
Apr 25, 2017 - 8:12 AM

I am planning a 5 day trip to Switzerland arriving Zurich from Germany and heading to Salzburg before going back. I want to cover Jungfrau, Mt titlis , Zurich ,Lucerne and if possible one panorama train. As of now, I am thinking of spending day 1 ( of arrival) in Zurich and take a Zurich city pass for the day. Then activate my swiss pass next day(day 2) and travel to Lauterbrunnen , check in and head to Jungfrau. Next day (day 3) see Interlaken and take boat trip at lake thun or breinz. Then checkout from Lauterbrunnen next day (day 4) and head to engelberg and cover mt titlis on same day. Next day(day 5) see lucern and spend night back at engelberg.. Check out on day 5 from engelberg. Head to zuricha nd catcha train to Salzburg. Does this itinerary look feasible? I am unable to fit in day of panorama train in interlaken. Can I plan a better itinerary given I have to arrive and depart from Zurich.

Lucas
Lucas
8928 posts
expert &
Apr 25, 2017 - 12:00 PM in reply to ashima

Hi Ashima and welcome to MySwissAlps!

That itinerary looks good to me. It is hard to fit in a panoramic train in your area however.
On your last day after visiting Mt. Titlis, you could take the Golden Pass panoramic train to Montreux from Luzern and overnight there and then head off to Salzburg the next day? The train from Montreux will travel to Salzburg via Zurich - do you already have a ticket from Zurich to Salzbrug?

Lucas

ashima
ashima
12 posts
Apr 25, 2017 - 1:40 PM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas

Thanks for your suggestion. will look into it as i have not yet booked tickets to salzburg .i am heading to mt titlis on the day i shift from lauternbrunnen.however next day i plan to spend in lucern.should i skip seeing lucerne on last day and opt for a panorama train instead?i plan to take a swiss travel pass for 4 days activated on 2nd day of trip.is golden pass covered by swiss travel pass?

Last modified on Apr 25, 2017 - 2:32 PM by ashima
Lucas
Lucas
8928 posts
expert &
Apr 25, 2017 - 4:05 PM in reply to ashima

Yes, I think a 1/2 day in Luzern is ok and then use the next day for the Golden Pass Panoramic train.
It is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass yes. Reservations are available (not mandatory) and can be made for an extra cost here.

Last modified on Apr 25, 2017 - 4:45 PM by Annika
ashima
ashima
12 posts
Apr 25, 2017 - 7:35 PM

Thanks for your reply. It really helps.

One more question if you can help. If I checkout from engelberg and carry the luggage to lucern, are storage facilities available at Lucerne railway station and typically what are the charges? Also any restrictions on carrying luggage in panorama trains?

Lucas
Lucas
8928 posts
expert &
Apr 26, 2017 - 5:33 AM in reply to ashima

Here is a link for Luzern (local German spelling) station services. Click on the equipment and mobility link. Lockers now are between 6 and 9 CHF.

No issues taking luggage on any train in Switzerland either if you want to take it on board with you.

Lucas

ashima
ashima
12 posts
Apr 26, 2017 - 7:34 AM

Thanks Lucas.

ashima
ashima
12 posts
May 17, 2017 - 5:15 PM

I want to include Zermatt. Out of 2 days in Lauternbrunnen, I can use one day for Jungfrau while second day for Zermatt skipping Lakes in Interlaken. Are there are any particular spots to visit in Interlaken? Is 1 day trip to Zermatt from Interlaken/Lauternbrunnen feasible?

Also my itinerary takes me to Engelberg Mt titlis on a Saturday and Lucerne on Sunday. Will tourist spots be all open on Saturday and Sunday? Any thing I should keep in mind?

Lucas
Lucas
8928 posts
expert &
May 18, 2017 - 9:32 AM in reply to ashima

You can plan the train trip to Zermatt from Lauterbrunnen on the timetable link here- it is about 3 hours each way however.

I don't think there is any must-see or do in the town of Interlaken no.

No problem with shops etc being open in Saturday. A lot of stores, if not all, will be closed on Sundays (except tourist information, souvenir shops and stores at the main train station).

Lucas

Last modified on May 18, 2017 - 9:33 AM by Lucas
ashima
ashima
12 posts
May 18, 2017 - 9:57 AM

Thanks Lucas. The boat rides etc will be available in Lucerne on Sunday?

Lucas
Lucas
8928 posts
expert &
May 18, 2017 - 10:36 AM in reply to ashima

Oh yes, boats, trains, cable cars will all be operating.

Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018