5 day itinerary Geneva-Zermatt-Grindelwald-Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2017 at 1:56:30 #810984

Hi there,

Myself and 4 other people will be traveling form Geneva to Zurich the first week of May for 5 days. Although I wish we had longer, we only have 5 days to do this trip. I am wondering what the best itinerary would be for us to do/see. I would like to go to Zermatt and Interlaken/Grindelwald. I’m having trouble figuring out the best train route. I would appreciate any suggestions!:)

Thanks, Stephanie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2017 at 8:36:30 #859673

Hi Stephanie,

It is fairly straightforward to travel from Geneva to Zermatt and then on to Interlaken and/or Grindelwald and ending in Zurich by train. You can search train schedules here for your particular dates of travel.

The towns above I linked will show you information pages on what to do and where to stay in the area (they are great options for mountain scenery).

Also you may want to buy a Swiss Travel Pass that will cover your train and bus journeys while in Switzerland – more information can be found here.

If you have specific requests or questions please let us know!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2017 at 16:34:38 #859674

Thanks for the info! When I try to find a route from Zermatt to Interlaken, it does not allow me to see it on the site. I know this is a connection, how do I find out where to connect? Also, when in Switzerland, is there an app or something usable on my cell phone to find train times and such? Thank you!

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 March 2017 at 19:09:01 #859675

Hi Stephanie,

I am not sure if I understand your issue. If you use the train schedule link Lucas provided you can find all trains and click the plus icon for details about each connection. Is that what you were looking for? The link explains all details about how to use the timetable.

A list of apps and practical websites can be found on myswissalps.com/abouts witzerland/practical/w ebsites.

• The thread ‘5 day itinerary Geneva-Zermatt-Grindelwald-Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.