How to spend 2 nights between Zermatt & Basel

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 August 2017 at 17:26:01 #812843

Hi,

We are group of 5 adult arriving Basel Airport on 1st September and plan to go by train to Zurich and wish to spent 3.5 hours to the city near old town and after heading to St.Moritz by train and will stay at the hotel at night.Next day we already make reservation for Scenic Glacier Express to the Zermatt and will stay at hotel at night.

After that from morning of 3rd of September until 5th September 8.30pm I need some good suggestion to make out other great location near lake Geneva,Lucerne, Interlaken and Mount Titlis.Please send your suggestion and make our tour memorable.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2017 at 6:15:08 #867890

Hi MKRAJ and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I’m guessing you fly out from Basel on Sept.5? So you have 2 nights between Zermatt and Basel. I would probably go directly to Luzern as there is a lot to see and do near the city.

If you also want to see Lake Geneva, you could train to Montreux for the day (and maybe overnight) and then heard to Luzern on the Golden Pass route for the 2nd night?

We have a list of activities for each town. Have a read through these links to see if they interest you:

Also, use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan your train trips around the country.

I hope that helps you plan out the last two days of your holiday here!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2017 at 12:34:06 #867891

Thanks Lucas,

we Planning to stay 3rd night at Luzern and 4th night at Basel.Is it convenient to travel from Lucerne to Mount titlis and than Interlaken?Which is better MT.Pilatus or Mt.titlis?Which is more convenient to travel from Lucerne Mt.Titlis or Mt.Pilatus?

Do we need reservation for Golden Pas route from Mountreux to Luzen?We have 4 days Inter-rail,Switzerland one country pass.

Hope you will advice soon.

Thanks

MKRAJ

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2017 at 12:43:06 #867892

You can travel to either Mt. Titlis or Mt. Pilatus from Luzern quite easily. Use the timetable link on my previous post to plan the trips and see which one you prefer.

Reservations are not needed on the Golden Pass route. However, you may want to between Zweisimmen and Montreux as the panoramic trains can get quite busy this time of year.

Lucas

• The thread ‘How to spend 2 nights between Zermatt & Basel’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.