4 nights in Jungfrau Region – itinerary help

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2017 at 8:38:48 #812347

Hi there,

I’m planning to travel Jungfrau region in mid July 2017, 5 days 4 nights. I plan to stay in Kander Valley. After that I will stay in Lucerne a night before heading to Zurich airport. Hope you guys can help to clear my uncertainty so that I can have a better pictures to plan my trip. Thank you so much.

1) I will buy 5 days Jungfrau Travel Pass. But do you think that I should buy the Swiss Travel Pass as well? Should I reserve all the seat for train and boat in advance?

2) I would like to try both routes to Jungfraujoch. I will follow route in “The Jungfrau Region in One Day” to cover Wengen side. Could you please help to suggest the route for Grindelwald?

3) Another day will cover Brienz and Harder Kulm. Any attraction places for me to cover this area?

4) Any suggestion for day 4 and 5?

5) Is 5 days 4 nights too long in Jungfrau region?

Thank you and wish you have a lovely day!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2017 at 16:08:20 #865528

Hi SeowRachel1 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. The only way to know for sure what the best pass is is to do the math on the prices. We have a web page here with an excel sheet (sorry!) to help you. The Swiss Travel Pass will be a little more expensive but will also cover your trips to from Luzern and Zurich airport as well.
      Reservations are not needed for any non-panoramic trains in Switzerland.
    2. You can read about the routes to and from Jungfraujoch here.
    3. We have a list of ideas for that area here: Interlaken, Brienz and Thun. You may also want to look at the St. Beatus Caves.
    4. Have a look at our web pages on the Jungfrau Region and the Bernese Oberland region for our recommended activities in those areas.
    5. No, you could spend weeks there if you wanted! As you will see above there are a lot of options we recommend – too many to list everything. Hiking certainly will keep one busy there for a long time if that interests you.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lucas

• The thread ‘4 nights in Jungfrau Region – itinerary help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.