• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2017 at 20:08:52 #811846

——————

21st Jun

——————

Arrival at Zurich Airport around 11 AM

Zurich Airport to Zurich HB to Lucerne (1204 Hrs to 1249 Hrs – 1 Hr)

Lucerne – Interlaken Ost via Golden Pass (1305/1405 Hrs -1 hr 50 mins)

Check In at Hotel

Explore Interlaken – What can we do? – Lake Thun/Harder Kulm/Visit Bern?

Overnight at Interlaken

——————

22nd Jun

——————

Early Morning to Jungfraujoch, Depart at 06:35 – (8-9 hrs)

Go up via Lauterbrunnen & come down via Grindelwald, Cover Grindelwald First & Trummelbach Falls

Explore Interlaken – What can we do? – Lake Brienz?

Overnight at Interlaken

——————

23rd Jun

——————

Check Out

Schilthorn Excursion (5-6 Hrs)

Interlaken to Lucerne

Check In at Hotel

Explore Lucerne – What can we do? – Lake Lucerne/Chapel Bridge/Lion Monument/Swiss Museum of Transportation?

Overnight at Lucerne

——————

24th Jun

——————

Early Morning to Mt Titlis – (5 Hrs)

Explore Lucerne – What can we do? – Mt Rigi?

Overnight at Lucerne

——————

25th Jun

——————

Check Out

Golden Round Trip to Mt Pilatus (8:35 onwards – approx 5-6 Hrs)

Lucerne to Zurich (1 Hr)

Check In at Hotel

Trip to Rhine Falls (4 Hrs)

Explore Zurich- What can we do? – Lake Zurich?

Overnight at Zurich

——————

26th Jun

——————

Checkout & leave for Airport. Flight at 11:20AM

QUESTIONS

1. Does the overall itinerary look fine to you? Any deletion or modification required here?

2. Am I missing on any major attraction? If yes, please let me know.

3. On all days, while exploring the city in the later half, what can be done? Is it feasible to cover the options I mentioned above?

4. I suppose Swiss Travel Pass will be a good deal for me.. Please confirm.. If buying online, what is the procedure and which website to use?

5. Should Rhine Falls be included on Day 1 just after I land?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    17 May 2017 at 11:47:24 #863418

Hi GRVDEO,

Let’s take a look at your questions:

1. Yes, most of it looks fine. Your days are pretty full, but I assume you’ve checked the timetables and that you’re fine with the amount of traveling. Please see the tips in your fist topic as well.

2. No, you’ve managed to include lots of highlights. If weather cooperates you’ll get to enjoy the mountain tops that are considered to be most popular.

3. I wouldn’t add much more in the afternoons. As mentioned your schedule is quite full the way it is. Here are some tips.

• On June 21, a boat trip over Lake Thun or Lake Brienz would be nice. Or, of course, the Rhine Falls (see #5).
    • 22 June is quite complete with a Jungfraujoch visit, First and the Trümmelbach Falls. It doesn’t leave much room for further visits.
    • Yes, some sightseeing in downtown Lucerne would be fine for June 23.
    • Personally I wouldn’t combine Titlis and Rigi in one day. It can be done though if you don’t mind leaving early and returning late. Do make some back-up plans in case weather is bad.
    • June 25 is full with your Pilatus visit, transfer to Zurich and visit to the Rhine Falls. I wouldn’t add anything more.

4. A 4 day Swiss Travel Pass plus regular tickets for day 1 may work, but that depends on your finalized plans for June 21. Alternatively, you can look into the Swiss Half Fare Card. You’ll have to make calculations to find out which pass is most economical. Trusted retailers are listed at myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price and myswissalps.com/swissh alffarecard/price.

5. Sure, that’s an option. It will leave more room for exploring Zurich / Lake Zurich on June 25. It’s just a matter of personal preferences.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2017 at 19:13:58 #863419

Hi Annika,

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply. However, basis your feedback, I now have another set of questions:

1. How is the weather usually in June? How can we determine if the weather up the mountain top is suitable enough to go?

2. What can be the back up plans if weather is bad?

3. With the Swiss Half Fare Card, I will need to book all my tickets either in advance or at the ticket counter which will be time consuming. Swiss Travel Pass will be economical & ensure ticket-less travelling, save a lot of time & will give me the flexibility to change my travel plans if need be.

4. Considering I cover Rhine Falls & Lake Thun on Day 1 & travel by Golden Pass Line from Interlaken to Lucerne; which one will be more economical – 8 Day Swiss Travel Pass or 4 Day Swiss Travel Pass + Regular Tickets for Day 1 & Day 6. As per my calculation, 8 Day Swiss Travel Pass will be more economical. Looking forward to your feedback.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2017 at 8:56:24 #863420

Hi grvdeo,

1. You can check the weather forecast the day before or morning of for the mountains. If it looks cloudy or rainy I wouldn’t go.
    2. You can check out what to do, for each town on our lists here. There are always museums or train rides (Golden Pass) if the weather is poor – being flexible is key. Sometimes the weather in the lower elevations are fine but at the mountain tops it is cloudy and obscures any views you want to see
    3. Correct.
    4. That sounds correct, the 8 day isn’t too much more money – and you have done the calculations (link Annika gave you before) so you know for sure.

I hope that helps! Have a great trip!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2017 at 22:41:40 #863421

Good day! Our group will be visiting these same areas starting June 16th. We were having issues deciding how many days to purchase for a Swiss Travel Pass; 4 vs 8, and… They are currently having a special that worked perfect for us. Until May 22-23rd; I believe, you can purchase a Swiss Travel Pass 4 days and receive 1 extra day for free or you can purchase an 8 day pass and receive 2 extra days for free. The 5 day Pass was perfect for us; exactly what we needed. If you need a Swiss Travel Pass, Now is the perfect time to purchase. Hope you have a great trip!!

Charles B

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2017 at 12:22:39 #863422

Hi Charles,

That’s great. Never came across such offer.

Can you post the link from where I can purchase this special offer of 4 Days Swiss Travel Pass + 1 Day Free?

Gaurav

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2017 at 13:09:24 #863423

As requested here is the link where I purchased our Swiss Travel passes. The Promo goes through May 23rd so almost over. If you look at the pick list for which tickets to purchase/choose the PROMO 4 days plus 1 or PROMO 8 days plus 2 are listed a little further down the list. You also have the option of choosing the PROMO options with either mail delivery or E-Print Documents. Hope this helps guys. I know we are truly excited to have the opportunity to explore Switzerland in 3 weeks!

traintickets.myswitzer land.com/rail-tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html

Charles B.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2017 at 13:20:54 #863424

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the info. But the website says “Valid for North American residents only.” … 🙁

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 May 2017 at 15:44:47 #863425

That offer is indeed for North Americans only. Details can be found here: myswissalps.com/forum/ topic/swiss-travel-pass-free-day-promotion-north-america.

Current Swiss Travel Pass offers relevant to you can be found through myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/promotions. This particular offer won’t be listed there unless you actually live in North America.

It can also be helpful to have a look at the list of retailers (again listed for where you live) to see if any of them is cheaper than the others: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2017 at 18:08:03 #863426

Thanks Arno..

I suppose I can buy the Swiss Travel Pass at Zurich Airport also or at the Railway Station next to it. Do they accept card & cash both? According to you guys, what is advisable? Buying it online or once we arrive at Zurich?

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 May 2017 at 18:39:14 #863427

Hi Gaurav,

Where to buy is explained here, but in short: buying online is more convenient. You can print the pass at home so you don’t have to wait at the staffed ticket desk and possibly miss your first available train. Also the print at home pass is a perfect backup because you can print the PDF file again should you lose or damage your pass. If you lose a physical pass purchased in Switzerland there won’t be a replacement.

You can visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass within 1-3 business days (no delivery fees), so you can print it at home.

Have a great trip!

• The thread ‘5 Days in Interlaken, Lucerne & Zurich in June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.