5 days Interlaken, Lucerne, Zurich 4 adults 2 kids

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2017 at 3:45:20 #811030

Hi There.

I am travelling to Switzerland with my family ( Me and my Wife , My Parents , and 2 Kids , aged 9 and 4 years ) . My Tentative Plan is : —

07 June 2017 :– Paris to Interlaken by Eurail.

08 June 2017 :– Mt Jungfroach Excursion

09 June 2017 : — Transfer to Lucerne , Day sightseeing at Lucerne ( Please Suggest places to see at Lucerne to visit )

10 June 2017 : — Mt Titlis Visit and other , please suggest.

11 June 2017 : — Transfer to Zurich, After Lunch Zurich Sightseeing’s ( Kindly suggest must see places at zurich )

12 June 2017 : Zurich to Venice Train.

So this is my tentative Itinerary , Kindly suggest : –

a. Weather the Itinerary is correct or am i missing anything in Swiss?

b. I can also add one more day in swiss by taking it out from Florence ( Italy ) stay, if i am missing something, Kindly Suggest.

c. Travelling with (65/60 years old) parents and ( 9 / 4 Years ) Kids is ok or we will find any difficulties?

d. How to travel Mt Jung from Interlaken and Mt. Titlis from Lucerne?

Please suggest , your inputs will help me to finalize, Thanks in Advance.

Ankur Nangia

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    11 March 2017 at 15:42:24 #859937

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Ankur Nangia!

Here are some answers:

a/b. I think your plans look fine. Of course you can’t cover all highlights of Switzerland in a couple of days, so yes, you’ll be missing out on things. But you will manage to cover some of the prettiest mountain tops, so no worries. If you can add an extra day to your Switzerland stay I’d go for it, but I’m heavily biased ;-). Only you and your travel party can decide whether you’d rather spend it there or in Florence. Please see our Zurich, Lucerne and Jungfrau region pages to find out what can be done there.

c. No, I don’t expect any problems if your partens are in good shape. Public transportation is very comfortable and safe in Switzerland.

d. Please consult our Jungfraujoch and Titlis pages and the timetable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2017 at 11:45:30 #859938

Dear Annika

Thanks for the reply, your suggestion is very helpful , i have decided to exclude Florence from my Itinerary and i want to add another night at Zurich. Please suggest : —

a. What can be done by adding an extra day at zurich?

b. I want to experience the scenic route of Bernina Express, so how can i take that train and came back to zurich?

Kindly Advise.

Thanks

Ankur Nangia

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2017 at 12:20:05 #859939

Hi Ankur,

Have a read through the Zurich page that Annika linked to above? You can read about what can be done in Zurich there.

The Bernina Express runs from Chur to Tirano (and on to Lugano by bus if you wish). If is about 4 hours in length and then you have to get to Chur (about 1.5 hours) and back to Zurich (maybe 2.5 hours from Lugano). It would be quite a long day!

You can check schedules for the trains here.

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘5 days Interlaken, Lucerne, Zurich 4 adults 2 kids’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.