5 days in Switzerland – itinerary help early May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 10:00:29 #811364

I will be travelling to Switzerland on 7th May to 12th May, I plan to go Lucerne, Interlaken including Jungfranjuch, Bern , Laussane and last stop will be Geneva as will be taking domestic fight to Amsterdam.

I would want to buy 4days continuous Swiss Travel Pass ( valid date from 8th to 11th) therefore will need to buy point to point ticket for the 1st day of arrival which is from Zurich to Lucerne.

I need an advice on Swiss Transfer Ticket which is entitled for one return trip between Swiss Airport. Base on my itinerary, can i buy the Swiss Transfer ticket? and how much is the ticket cost?

I plan to stay in Lucerne for 2 nights ( intend to cover Mt Pilatus, Mt Rigi and Lucern Lake) Could anyone can share itinerary for 2 days in Lucerne? These 3 places fully covered by Swiss Travel Pass?

I will be in Interlaken for 2 nights ( plan to visit Zermatt if time allowed) is Swiss Travel Pass covering the free trip to Zermatt?

I am looking forward to better advice before proceeding with booking the Swiss Travel Pass online.

Regards

Sue

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 17:18:42 #861336

Hi Sue and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Information on the Swiss Travel Pass can be found here – the page lists how and where to buy online as well as what routes are covered fully or partially by the pass.

The Swiss Transfer Ticket can cover the trip from Zurich airport (or your point of entry) to Luzern as well as your last day to Geneva airport. It is best to check the costs of the point to point tickets first before buying it.

Here is a list of activities that can be done in Luzern – I would stick to one or two mountains per day and be sure to check the weather before going up! Clouds can interfere with your views and it will still be snowy and quite cold at the top!

The Swiss Travel Pass map on the page I linked above will show you what routes are covered – the trip to the town of Zermatt is covered, but if you want to take the train to Gornergrat or Klein Matterhorn (for the best Matterhorn views) it is only partially covered (50%).

Lucas

• The thread ‘5 days in Switzerland – itinerary help early May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.