5 Day itinerary for April in Switzerland help

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2018 at 18:11:04 #815050

Hi , Myself and my wife are traveling to Switzerland from 22nd April to 26th April . We are landing Zurich at 10.30 am on 22nd April and return from Zurich on 26th April 2 pm .

1. Is it possible to cover Jungfroung , Mount Titlis Excursion, Glacier Express Experience and Lucerne during this trip …

2. Which one should we exclude in case on time constraint??

3. Is it better to stay 2 nights in Interlaken and 2 nights in lucerne or We use any one city as Hub to cover maximum places??

we are planning to have a Swiss rail pass.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2018 at 18:25:46 #880380

Hi asbindra and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Yes, Use the timetable to plan out the trips from the towns you decide to stay in.
    2. Glacier Express just because it is hard to do from either town you are staying in.
    3. If you really want to do the Glacier Express I would drop Lucerne and Mt. Titlis (maybe just an afternoon in Lucerne on your way from the airport to Interlaken).
    4. Otherwise, I might try Lucerne for 1 night, Interlaken for 2 nights and last night in St. Moritz. The Glacier Express will be a very long day).
    5. You can buy your Swiss Travel Pass here, and then have it emailed to you to print at home before going on your trip.
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2018 at 19:39:18 #880381

Thanks Lucas for prompt reply.

I think we will stick around with our plan of 2 nights in lucerne and 2 nights in Interlaken or surrounding .

1.As you have mentioned at many forums that you will not prefer interlaken as a hub. Please suggest where can we stay to make best use of our time to exolre Jungfrau region.

2.It would be good if you could suggest a good day Itinary for 4 days . 5th day is return from lucerne to Zurich .We are not interested in Hiking or sking . Our priorities will be to enjoy scenic beauty covering with different experiences like Trains , Boat rides , Cogwheel train , Gandola or cable car .

3. After reviews I understand that Mt Pilatus excursion should be a better experience than Mount Titlis.

Arno
    15484 posts
    31 March 2018 at 9:08:00 #880382

Hi Asbinda,

1. On our page http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrauregion you will find links to various other towns in the Jungfrau Region. Interlaken is indeed not the nicest town in Switzerland, but it is conveniently located with good train connections, and in April I don’t expect it to be “overrun” with tourists like in July and August. Brienz could be another alternative if you like to stay in a small lake side town.

2. Sorry, we don’t create itineraries here. With the help of the timetable that Lucas mentioned, this planning page (with sample itineraries) and the many town and attraction pages on our website, you should be able to create a plan that fits your needs. Feel free to post it here for help with the fine tuning.

3. Both are frequently visited and pretty popular. I would recommend to read our Pilatus and Titlis pages and then see which one you like best. If you also visit Jungfraujoch, then indeed Pilatus might give you a more different experience.

• The thread ‘5 Day itinerary for April in Switzerland help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.