5 day itinerary help, Geneva to Basel

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 14:17:44 #812141

Hello,

I’m planning a 5 day trip along with my wife and we are looking for some sightseeing

The itinerary I planned is as follows:

1) 1st Day land in Geneva at 2pm, Take a cruise of Geneva lake and see Flower clock. Take 6.20 train to Zermatt and stay at Tash.

2) 2nd Day, Go to Zermatt and do Matterhorn Glacier Paradise,take coqwheel railway to Gornergrat and funicular to “Sunnegga”, return to Hotel.

3) 3d Day, Take train to Interlaken from Tash , Take harder kulm funicular and boating around lake Thun in Interlaken and take train to Wengen and stay there.

4) 4th day, Jungfrau and back to Wengen.

5) 5th day head to Rhine Waterfall from Wengen and in the night go to Basel Airport

I think I covered here some sightseeings, any other beautiful places you guys can recommend I can see instead/on the way?

Regards

Ambrish

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2017 at 7:27:04 #864582

Hi Ambrish,

Your days look pretty full – it is a nice itinerary and there is too much to see in Switzerland in 5 days – I think you have chosen what to see well!

Day 2 – I talked about this being a bit too busy on your other post

Day 5 – The RheinFall is quite far from Wengen….I would go somewhere else, perhaps visit Luzern before going to Basel

Use the Swiss railways timetable to help you plan your trips.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2017 at 12:21:48 #864583

Thanks a lot Lucas.

I can see some Italian trains going from Geneva to Visp, is swiss pass can be used on them as well.

Regards

Ambrish

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2017 at 12:38:26 #864584

An Italian train on that route? Not too common.
    In any case it is the route the train is traveling on that matters – and you can see where the Swiss Travel Pass is covered on the PDF map here.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2017 at 13:30:42 #864585

Thanks a lot Lucas. So the route is important irrespective of the train.

Its 6.39 pm train from Geneve to Milan.(EC 41).

Regards

Ambrish

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2017 at 16:40:20 #864586

Yes, most trains are Swiss but there are Italian, French, German and Austrian trains here and there as well – usually express trains heading right out of the country.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2017 at 17:29:21 #864587

Thanks a lot Lucas.

I am all set for Geneva tomorrow, many thanks for your help.

Regards

Ambrish

• The thread ‘5 day itinerary help, Geneva to Basel’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.