5 day trip to Lucerne & Interlaken with small kids

5 day trip to Lucerne & Interlaken with small kids

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mamtababbar
Mamtababbar
3 posts
Mar 6, 2018 - 8:36 AM

Hello lovely people.I will be travelling to Lucern on 21st march from Qatar with 2 small kids.I want to see best things in these 2 places.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Mar 6, 2018 - 12:13 PM in reply to Mamtababbar

Hi Mamtababbar, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

We have highlights listed for Lucerne and Interlaken on our website:

I would suggest to stay two nights in Lucerne in two nights in Interlaken or one of the smaller villages such as Wengen or Grindelwald.

If you will be traveling by train and you haven't thought about which rail pass to buy, then have a look at this page please: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses.

Once you have a draft of your itinerary feel free to post it here and we'll have a look at it and help you finalize it.

madduris2000
madduris2000
28 posts
Mar 6, 2018 - 4:38 PM

Hi Mamta,

Best wishes to you and kids for a fantastic vacation.

If you have only 2 day trip I suggest that you can see Lucerne for a day. Next you take the kids to Mt Titlis.

If you have another 2 days ,you can spend them at Interlaken and Jungfraujoch or Zermatt village/ Matterhorne.

Regards

Sundar Ram Madduri

Mamtababbar
Mamtababbar
3 posts
Mar 7, 2018 - 4:22 AM in reply to Chantal

Yes dear.I will be staying 3 nights lucern and 2 nights Interlaken.

Thank you for your sugfestions.Looking forward.

Mamta

Mamtababbar
Mamtababbar
3 posts
Mar 7, 2018 - 4:24 AM in reply to Chantal

I will be staying 2 nights in interlaken and 3 nights lucern.

After making Itenary , get back to u.

Jyst a confusion Mt Titlis or pilatus .And Jungfrau should not be missed as I heard but over expensive.

Mamta

Lucas
Lucas
7238 posts
expert &
Mar 7, 2018 - 6:41 AM in reply to Mamtababbar

Hi Mamtababbar,

Choosing between Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Titlis is hard - both are great! Due to Mt. Pilatus being a little closer to Luzern it tends to be a little more popular. I'm not sure if Jungfraujoch is a not to be missed attraction but it is indeed very impressive if it is within your budget.

Like2Travel
Like2Travel
26 posts
Mar 7, 2018 - 11:33 PM in reply to Mamtababbar

Hello. If you decide to go to Mt Titlis, it is a fun place for kids, lots of activities. If you are using Swiss Travel Pass, note which cableways offer free access for this year 2018. If the kids have played around Mt Titlis, I heard there is also an area for playing in the snow at Jungfraujoch (March is very cold). If it is operational in March, Schilthorn cable car in Murren is free with a Swiss Travel Pass for 2018. We have stayed in Murren and have gone up Schilthorn twice last year. There are interesting places up there like almost all mountain peaks are very visible even the neighboring countries, Piz Gloria James Bond exhibits and Thrill Walk (kids can walk on protected cable wires, pass through cyclone fence enclosure). We have never been to Jungfraujoch (maybe this year) but being on top of Schilthorn, you can have a better view of the Swiss Alps' Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau. Jungfraujoch's selling point though is being on top of Europe. It can be once in a lifetime choice but access to Schilthorn is free this year. Have a safe travel.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Mar 18, 2018 - 7:53 AM in reply to Like2Travel

>> I heard there is also an area for playing in the snow at Jungfraujoch (March is very cold)

The Jungfrau Snow Park is only open from mid-May to mid-October.

Alpenrose

Like2Travel
Like2Travel
26 posts
Mar 18, 2018 - 8:09 AM in reply to Removed user

Thank you for the correction, Alpenrose666. It is on my list to visit this coming June, weather permitting. :)

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Mar 18, 2018 - 9:16 AM in reply to Like2Travel

>> It is on my list to visit this coming June, weather permitting. :)

Have a great time! And post a picture perhaps :-)

Alpenrose

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018