5 Nights Interlaken & Zurich. Itinerary advice

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2018 at 9:37:42 #814277

Hii!

I will fly from Amsterdam to Switzerland in the End of March. Will stay 3 nights in Interlaken & 2 nights in Zurich. Need some advise. Kindly help 🙂

1) Far as I found out, Basel is the best way to get to Interlaken by air? Is it? Then continue by train from Basel to Interlaken Ost station.

2) We will explore Jungfrau on our 2nd & 3rd day. Please advise if this plan is good or not, especially because we will travel with 3 years old baby.

Day 1 : Interlaken – Grindelwald – Jungfraujoch – Kl. Scheidegg – Wengen / Lauterbrunnen – Interlaken

Day 2 : Interlaken – Murren – Wengen / Lauterbrunnen – Interlaken

3) How’s usually the weather around Interlaken, Jungfrau in the end of March? Will it be toddler friendly enough.

4) Is there a kind of multifunctional ticket for transportation in Switzerland? Say 1 card can be used for any train / bus around Interlaken – Jungfrau – even in Zurich.

Please advise & I’m open for any recommendations 🙂

Super thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2018 at 12:15:27 #875835

Hi Mells888 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Basel or Zurich would be the most convenient for air travel. Pretty similar travel times. You can use the Swiss railways timetable for planning help.
    2. What is your concern in the Jungfrau region? Altitudes? Most 3 year olds would be fine for a few hours at Jungfraujoch if that is your concern?
    3. Again not sure on your weather concern with your child? Do you mean too cold? It will be very cold when you go to Jungfraujoch – well below 0 most likely. Hard to predict the weather of course. 🙂 Have a read through our weather page here for details.
    4. Yes, the Swiss Travel Pass. This could work well for you – it comes in a 3, 4, 8 or 15 day options but not 5 days.

Let us know if you need further help and if I missed your meaning with the child concerns.

Cheers!

• The thread ‘5 Nights Interlaken & Zurich. Itinerary advice’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.