5 nights itinerary Zurich – Lucerne – Engelberg

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 January 2018 at 8:00:56 #814109

Me and my wife is planning to visit Switzerland in this May. My itinerary is as below. However will need suggestions from the forum

1) 13/5/18 Arrive in Zurich from Paris by train. Visit Rhine Falls. Stay in Zurich

2) 14/5/18 Local site seeing in Zurich

3) 15/5/18 Leave for Lucerne. Visit Mt. Titlis in the morning. Mt. Pilatus in the afternoon. Stay in Lucerne.

4) 16/5/18 Leave for Engelberg. Visit Jungfrau Stay in Engelberg.

5) 17/5/18 Leave for Zurich. Local site seeing. Stay in Zurich

6) 18/5/18 Leave for Vienna by train or Flight

Do you thin this is ok

Regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    22 January 2018 at 10:04:09 #874897

Hello vijays and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Couple of problems with your days 3, 4. Titlis is at Engelberg, Jungfrau is nearer Interlaken.

Don’t spend too much time in Zurich. It is only 1 hour to Lucerne which has far more tourist type things to see and do.

What are your main aims on this trip?

Have you thought about using a Travel Pass? You should read about “how to choose the best travel pass” (http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 January 2018 at 10:10:13 #874898

Hi vijays, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Thanks for sharing your itinerary. For such a short trip you may want to consider to go straight to Lucerne or at least on the 14th. latest. It’s a much nicer place to stay. I would recommend to visit the Jungfraujoch from Wengen or Grindelwald. Please read this page to find out how to travel to Jungraujoch.

Alternatively you could also go to the Jungraujoch first, then continue your trip to Lucerne and leave for Vienna from Lucerne via Zurich without staying another night in Zurich. The Swiss timetable is a useful tool to plan your trip.

Be sure to check:

• The thread ‘5 nights itinerary Zurich – Lucerne – Engelberg’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.