50% card plus purchsing online tickets

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 January 2013 at 0:52:02 #805750

Hi

Please can you help
    1. I will purchase a 50% card
    2. Can I purchase the routes I want to travel ahead of time on line………will save me from looking for ticket offices etc.
    3. For example if I purchase an online return ticket to Lucerne from Interlaken for the 28 March 2013 do I have to book the exact time and train to travel on or would I be able to use that ticket on that day at any time? (so it does not restrict my travel times)
    I am doing all the booking for my parents and am just trying to simplify what they have to do. They are worried about purchasing the tickets at ticket offices etc and would like to go with an on line ticket – however they don’t want to be restricted to a specific time during each travel day….
    There itinery will mot be changing during their visit

Many thanks
    Jean

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    18 January 2013 at 2:51:40 #837919

Hi Jean,

I assume you’re referring to the Swiss Half Fare Card and 50% discounted train tickets? In that case you can buy discounted tickets through the SBB website. They’ll be valid for any train as long as you don’t book seats for specific trains. Your parents would be bound to a schedule (at least per day, not the exact time) and can’t change their plans this way. A Swiss Pass would be easier if they prefer maximum convenience: no tickets required, and still the option to change plans, e.g. according to the weather.

I hope this helps you out!

• The thread ‘50% card plus purchsing online tickets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.