5d 4n in Swiss – Jungfrau and Titlis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 September 2015 at 4:31:54 #807995

Hi. I’m traveling to swiss with my family on 9 to 13 Nov. Can I know whats the weather there as this is the first time travelling. We would like to go jungfrau and titlis. Can anyone advise me if I book a hotel at zermett and travel to and back. Or it will be better to book a hotel near to each tour site (jungfrau and tiltis). What about the Swiss half pass. Is it better to book online? I need help in this as the date is near. can anyone share with me how this trip iternary should be plan? Thank you so much!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    27 September 2015 at 7:05:55 #846334

Hi Slhq1122,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Zermatt is too far away from both these attractions, so that’s not an option. Furthermore, Mount Titlis is closed for cable car maintenance from November 2 to 13. So I suggest to base yourself in or around Interlaken. It’s near Jungfraujoch and you can easily reach many other places from there.

It might be good to know that the name of the country is Switzerland, not Swiss.

The planning section might be useful for you too.

I hope this gets you started!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 September 2015 at 11:15:01 #846335

Hi arno, thanks for the quick reply! Can I also ask if I’m just going for a 5d4n trip, do you recommend me to get the Swiss half fare card? Is there any must go places ( site seeing ) around interlaken.

Thanks in advance!!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    27 September 2015 at 14:49:42 #846336

Hi Sihq1122-

<<“Is there any must go places ( site seeing ) around interlaken.”>>

Please follow the link that Arno gave for Interlaken.

You will find plenty to do nearby.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 September 2015 at 5:13:53 #846337

Hi slowpoke.

oh!I missed out the link! Thanks for telling me! What about swiss half fare card? Is it better to get the card to travel around?

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 September 2015 at 6:37:00 #846338

Hi Sihq1122,

Which rail pass is best is not only a matter of the number of days you’ll be in Switzerland. If you plan to do a lot of traveling during these days, a Swiss Travel Pass makes sense. It’s definitely more convenient than a Swiss Half Fare Card as you don’t need to buy tickets all the time. The Swiss Half Fare Card might be cheaper if you do not travel long distances. In order to make your choice, you can best have a look at the linked pages, and this page about comparing passes.

• The thread ‘5d 4n in Swiss – Jungfrau and Titlis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.