5 day Swiss plan help: Lauterbrunnen to Zermatt

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2018 at 14:04:54 #816486

Dear team,

Thanks a lot for such wonderful website called myswissalps.I’m planning to visit Switzerland in 1st week of Sep 2018 with my wife, here is my tentative itinerary, could you please help me to revised it

Day1- London to Zurich, will directly go to Lucerne from airport to see Chapel Bridge and Lion Monument, then around 4pm, we will leave for Lauterbrunnen(Night stay in Lauterbrunnen)

Day2-We will leave early for Tourist Attractions in the Jungfrau Region like Glaciers, Alps mountains, Wengen, Grindelwald, Mürren and Trümmelbach Falls then will back to Lauterbrunnen(Night stay in Lauterbrunnen)

Day3 – Will leave in the morning for Bern for half day and then heading towards Montreux(Night stay in Montreux)

Day4- Half day in Montreux and heading towards Zermatt (night stay)

Day5- Half day in Zermatt and heading back towards Zurich airport for evening flight

Decided to take 4 days Swiss train pass.

I am exploring on your website for more information, request you to help me in making my final plan

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,

Pakard

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2018 at 18:04:29 #887553

Hi Packard and welcome to MySwissAlps!

If you are looking for ideas on things to do in each the towns you are visiting it is best to look on our town page here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/wheretogo/towns. Find the town page you are looking for and click the “what to do” tab to read a list of suggested activities.

Look here to see what is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass” https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity For example, Schilthorn which can be reached from Mürren (near Lauterbrunnen) is free for Swiss Travel Pass holders.

And look here to find online retailers to buy the Swiss Travel Pass from: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ price

You can use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out all your trips between towns and mountains or lakes here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

It is a quick trip but you are packing in the highlights nicely I think.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2018 at 19:02:37 #887554

Thank you very much, Lucas! It seems your website will definitely help me to finalise my perfect trip plan. I’ll get back to you in case of any doubts else with final trip plan for approval 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2018 at 15:37:54 #887555

Hi Team,

I have drafted detailed plan according to swiss travel pass, could you please check the attached file and add more insights if possible

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2018 at 15:48:13 #887556

Hi Pakard,

Your departure and end time for Luzern to Interlaken and Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen are the same so that can’t work. 🙂 Otherwise the times look fine. They would be correct if you found them on the Swiss railways timetable.

The routes you list are all fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass if you weren’t sure.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2018 at 22:40:49 #887557

Hi Lucas,

I am making few changes in my plan as I have decided to visit Chamonix – Mont Blanc instead of Montreux, I will do overnight stay in Chamonix and then ill go to Zermatt on next day, what is your thoughts on this, please bear with me and thanks a lot for helping me continuously

Great regards,Pakard

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2018 at 22:43:12 #887558

Hi Lucas,

I am making few changes in my plan as I have decided to visit Chamonix – Mont Blanc instead of Montreux, I will do overnight stay in Chamonix and then ill go to Zermatt on next day, what is your thoughts on this, please bear with me and thanks a lot for helping me continuously. As per my information, this travel route is free for Swiss travel pass holders

Great regards,Pakard

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 6:04:22 #887559

The route between Martigny & Chamonix-Mont-Blanc is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass yes. I’ve not bee to Chamonix but it is a better idea than Montreux for a mountain experience if that is what you want. The trips to and from will be fairly long 4/5 hours.

• The thread ‘5 day Swiss plan help: Lauterbrunnen to Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.