Feb 13, 2017 - 3:27 PM
I am planning a 5N/6D trip to Switzerland with my wife and two kids (7 yrs and 4 yrs) in the last week of July 2017. We will be arriving from London to Zurich around 10 am at the airport on Day 1 and will have a flight back from Zurich around 1pm on Day6. Intending to cover the below, appreciate if the forum members can enlighten me on the questions that follow.
6. Bernina Train OR Glacier Express
1. Are we aiming for too high especially given that we are accompanied by 2 kids ( 7 and 4)?
2. If it too much which place should be give up on?
3. What would be the best place to base at from logistics point of view?
4. I notice that hotel prices in Zurich are typically lower than that in Lucerne. Is that true? Or I am misguided by online portals/making a mistake here?
5. What would be the best itinerary? Better if it allows a day without travel in between.
6. Which mountain train should be do - Bernina or Glacier and which segment given other preferences?
7. Rail passes - should we consider any? If yes, which one?
Thanks in advance.