6-11 Nov trip to Lucerne and Montreux

6-11 Nov trip to Lucerne and Montreux

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
lmuifong
lmuifong
5 posts
Jun 21, 2017 - 9:12 AM

Hi

Would like some advice.

Our flight into Zurich is 7.50am on 6 Nov and flight out of Zurich is 945am 11 November.

My initial plan is 2 nights Lucern, 2 nights at Montreau, back to Luvern one time then take earliest train to Zurich to catch the flight on 11the morning.

Is this too rush? What is a good itinerary for first timers to get the most out of the short trip to see the beauty of Switzerland.

Thank you

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
1237 posts
top member
Jun 23, 2017 - 7:03 AM in reply to lmuifong

I suggest you go straight to Montreux and stay 2 nights (6 and 7 Nov).

Then take the Golden Pass route to Luzern and stay 2 nights (8 and 9 Nov), leaving for Zürich in the afternoon or evening of 10 Nov.

Spending your final night in Zürich will make it less stressful getting to the airport for an early flight. If your flight leaves at 9:45am, you will need to check in by 7:45am at the latest I would expect.

If you were willing to give Montreux a miss, I would suggest staying in the Jungfrau Region instead - Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald, Wengen or Mürren. It is more spectacular than Montreux.

Unfortunately your dates of travel coíncide with when a lot of mountain transport will be closed for maintenance or for seasonal reasons, so your options for mountain visits will be limited.

Alpenrose

lmuifong
lmuifong
5 posts
Jun 23, 2017 - 8:34 AM

Thank you Alpenrose.

Will take your suggestion to explore central Switzerland rather than going to Montreux.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017