6 days in Interlaken, travelling from Milan

• Gracie08
    Participant
    2 posts
    17 June 2022 at 12:44:27 #827523

Hi. We will be traveling in Interlaken region for approx 6 days. I am having a hard time deciding which pass to get- Swiss Travel pass, Swiss Half fare card, or Jungfrau travel pass or both the Swiss half fare card and Jungfrau travel pass?

We will be traveling from Milan to Wengen? Which pass is best for that? What is the best option for this route?

Once in Wengen, hikes we plan on doing:

1. Wengen-Kleine Scheidegg-Grindelwald—do we pass through Mannlichen to get to Grindelwald through Kleine Scheidegg?

2. Wengen- Grutschalp-Murren

3. Grindlewald-Eiger Trail

4. Schynige Platte to First

5. Go up to Jungrfrau peak

6. Grindlewald-Grosse Schdiegg

7. Murren-Schilthorn

8. Murren- Gimmelwald

We plan to hike a lot. I am not sure what all we can cram in one day and what things we can pair things with.

Afterwards, we will head back from Wengen to Zurich and fly out.

So any tips on which pass to get and for how many days and how to consolidate our plan? Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6362 posts
    17 June 2022 at 13:44:10 #943327

Hi Gracie08,

It seems like you’ll be based mainly in the Jungfrau region. For this reason, you might want to consider getting a5 or 6-day Jungfrau Travel Pass. For travel between Milan and Wengen/Interlaken, I suggest looking for point-to-point ticket deals here: http://www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/italy

If you want to be flexible or are planning day trips outside of the Jungfrau region, you would need a railpass that covers a bigger validity area. In this case a Swiss Travel Pass or the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland could work. Be sure to read this for useful information about how to choose the best railpass.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anna

Gracie08
    Participant
    2 posts
    22 June 2022 at 12:48:35 #943328

Thanks Anna for the help. So I bought tickets from Spiez- Wengen to use my half fare card but am trying to buy tickets from Milan to Spiez and the SBB website keeps saying “payment failed.” We’ve tried 2 different cards and none of them work. I called my credit company and said everything is good on their end. Why does this keep happening and how can I buy tickets? It seems like it’s a problem for many people and my credit card Company said if it was visa verification for 3-D secure, it should work and I receive a text message with a code but I don’t receive anything.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2022 at 15:55:41 #943329

Hi Gracie08,

I am not sure what can be the problem with SBB.

Have you tried via these resellers? http://www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/italy/price

Please let us know how it goes,

Thanks,

ILdiko

Arno
    15483 posts
    23 June 2022 at 8:18:21 #943330

Hi Gracie08,

Credit card problems can occur at the SBB website unfortunately, we’ve heard it before. I hope one of the other websites Ildikó mentioned works for you.

• The thread ‘6 days in Interlaken, travelling from Milan’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.