Best pass for 6 days Lucerne and Lauterbrunnen?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2017 at 10:53:23 #869542

And Lucas I called treinreiswinkel in netherlands and they said i get the 25 % discount when i buy swiss travel pass flexi combined with bernese oberland regional pass.

But Arno said that is not possible.

Can you please confirm on the same.

Tx

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2017 at 16:32:20 #869543

Our understanding is that it wouldn’t work unless all your dates on the Swiss Travel Pass Flex is validated for use in the Bernese Oberland region.

If treinreiswinkel is willing to sell it to you for a discount then I would go for it. Let us know if it works out for you. I’m not sure if this is a new change or if the salesman isn’t correct (but once it is bought you would be good to go).

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2017 at 18:47:55 #869544

Our understanding is that it wouldn’t work unless all your dates on the Swiss Travel Pass Flex is validated for use in the Bernese Oberland region.

How can I validate the swiss travel pass flex?

The third day I would use on the last day of my return.

Once I buy it he already sent the invoice can I face any problem with these passes in bernese oberland?

Arno
    15483 posts
    21 September 2017 at 16:06:56 #869545

Hi Manikad21,

Currently Lucas’s statement is correct as far as I know. However, I’ll look into this and get back to you here in this thread.

“Validating” in this context means that you use one of the travel days of the pass. The details can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex/howt ouse

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 September 2017 at 17:00:01 #869546

Great I shall wait for you to come back before I go ahead with the purchase tomorrow.

“Validating” in this context means that you use one of the travel days of the pass.

Yes we will be using the the third day of the swiss travel pass flex on the 4th day of Bernese oberland pass to return to Geneva from Lauterbrunnen via Bern.

Arno
    15483 posts
    22 September 2017 at 12:57:18 #869547

Hi Manikad21,

Indeed they confirmed the discount to me as well. I’m still looking for more information as I recall this was not the case two years ago. I’ll update here if I find anything else. Meanwhile, if they offer you this I guess you can purchase. You did your research and I can’t confirm you received false information at this point.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 September 2017 at 19:09:25 #869548

Hi,

I could not afford to wait any longer as my travel date is this tuesday so i completed the purchase. so i purchased a 3 days swiss flex pass and 4 days bernese oberland pass. Hopefully everything goes well and they do not create any problem with the passes in Switzerland

Arno
    15483 posts
    27 September 2017 at 8:25:05 #869549

Hi again Manikad21,

Sorry for the delay but it took some time to ask around. I finally received the confirmation from the SBB that people are only in title to receive a discount on the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland if they validate their Swiss Travel Pass Flex for ALL days. So the days of both passes need to overlap. In reality this is not a viable option as it is too expensive to use two passes as once.

I hope train staff won’t make a problem out of this for you, but just explain them that it has been sold to you this way and I guess it will be fine. Many travel companies apparently don’t know this, and I can’t blame them as it’s pretty hard to figure out.

Enjoy your trip!

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The thread ‘Best pass for 6 days Lucerne and Lauterbrunnen?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.