Switzerland- best mountain and village trip to do

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2018 at 13:01:49 #816095

Hello,

I am planning to visit Switzerland in July 1st week for 5 days. I am planning to arrive at Zurich. not yet booked flights and accommodation. I am looking for best hotel deals.

The places I wanted to visit are Rhine falls, Mt Rigi, Internlaken and Mt Titilis. I also like to have a village stay experience. Please suggest me which is best place to stay near by Zurich to have village life experience. Is it 5 days enough to see all places? I wanted to cover best of Switzerland and carry memories life long as I may not be visiting again to Switzerland. My travel is budget. So any money saving tips will be helpful.

please suggest me to buy best Train travel pass details.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Jaya

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2018 at 18:22:29 #885805

Hi Jaya and welcome to MySwissAlps!
    I would suggest staying in 2 towns during your stay. Perhaps Lucerne for the first 2 or 3 nights and a village near Interlaken such as Wengen or Grindelwald for the other nights (or Mürren or Lauterbrunnen).

After arriving in Zurich you could go straight to the Rheinfalls and then to Lucerne afterwards. You can store your luggage at Zurich airport or Zurich main station.

Find all train schedules between towns and mountains etc on the Swiss railways timetable here.
    From Lucerne you can visit Mt. Rigi and Mt. Titlis. From Wengen or Grindelwald there are many things to see and do.

For rail passes you’ll need to first plan out all your trips by train, bus, cable car or boat and then compare prices on a spreadsheet – everything you need to do this is here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2018 at 19:59:40 #885806

Hi Lucas,

Thank you very much for your reply. I will sure calculate and plan accordingly. I will keep you posted my experience.

May you be blessed by the divine power.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2018 at 12:16:06 #885807

Hi Lucas,

I liked your suggestions and wanted to go as per you guidance. I am ready to go for 5 to 7 days.

Day 1 Zurich Airport to Rhine falls. and stay in Lucerne.

Day 2 visit Mt Rigi and stay back in Lucerne.

Day 3 Mt Titilis and back stay in Lucerne.

Day 4 and 5 visit Grindlewad and near by villages and stay there. and return to Zurich airport on 6th day.

Do guide me if I can add some more places in my itinerary.

I checked with the train travel pass and confused which one suits my itinerary. Can you please guide me to select the right pass. I mean the pass which covers the area which I travel.

I

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 May 2018 at 18:20:01 #885808

Hi Jaya,

There are two options to consider: the 8-day Swiss Travel Pass (most convenient, less tickets to buy) and the Swiss Half Fare Card (discounted tickets need to be purchased for each trip). Which one is cheapest is hard to say without doing the math. The last link Lucas gave you explains how to do that. Of course doing the math is optional. If you value convenience the Swiss Travel Pass is the best choice.

• The thread ‘Switzerland- best mountain and village trip to do’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.