6 Days tour suggestion & Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2018 at 2:47:25 #814399

Hello There,

I have been going through forum threads and are very helpful, I have planned trip for my 2 family in total 4 adult 2 child(12 & 14).

My arrival on 17th May in Zurich and accommodation for 4 nights in Interlaken, 1 night in Zurich before heading to Paris. Arrival on 17th May morning Via Flight to Zurich and departure th TGV to Paris on 22nd 3 PM Train.

We want to cover Jungfraujoch, Mt Titlis, Glaciar Express/Scenic Train/Golden Pass, Lauterbrunnen.

Pl suggest,

Can i buy 4 day swiss pass online and activate on day 2(18th May) at Interlaken ? so the pass will valid till 21st May till i travel to Zurich. Buy tickets from Zurich to Interlaken on Day 1 ? Will this be cheaper as there are no 5 or 6 day pass.OR help with better plan.

Mt Tillis and Jungfraujoch both are unique in each.

Pl suggest Glacier/Goldernpass/Scenic Train either train route which can be taken from Interlaken in a day.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    17 February 2018 at 4:52:08 #876532

Howdy,

When you buy the Swiss Travel Pass you need to nominate a start date. Swiss Family Card will cover the kids.

Use the Swiss Train Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to plan your travel. If you haven’t used it before it will pay to read the instructions on that page before delving into the timetable.

I would suggest instead or returning to Zurich on 21st that you spend a night in Lucerne and do Titlis from there rather than doing an Interlaken to Titlis round trip. Zurich airport is only 1 hour from Lucerne on your final day.

There are some mountain transport closures in early May which may impact on you. Have a read of this http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/gondolarail-access-to-mountains-in-aprilmay-2018.

The Golden Pass Line (http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass) to Montreux is really the only panoramic train route that is feasible as a day trip from Interlaken. Note that at that time there is some construction work in one part of the line between Zweisimmen and Montbovon so you will be re-routed by bus for a short distance. As a result of this it is not possible to reserve seats on the MOB Panoramic between Zweisimmen and Montreux.

Between Interlaken and Lucerne via Meiringen is also part of the Golden Pass Line though not officially considered to be a panoramic train.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2018 at 9:45:15 #876533

Hi Kunjanmba,

Yes, you pick the start date at time of purchase for the Swiss Travel Pass. Use it on whichever travel day is more expensive 17 -20 or 18 -21.

• The thread ‘6 Days tour suggestion & Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.