6 min change time at Zweisimmen with infant?

6 min change time at Zweisimmen with infant?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
saurabh1986
saurabh1986
4 posts
Jun 21, 2017 - 11:36 PM

Hi, I will be traveling with my wife and kid (infant) + luggage on the Golden pass route from Interlaken to Montereux via Zweisimmen. The time to change trains at Zweisimmen is only 6 min. Is this time enough in my case? On which platform does the train arrives at Zweisimmen and from which platform does the train departs from Zweisimmen to Montereux?

Many thanks,

Saurabh

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
2136 posts
top member
Jun 22, 2017 - 3:28 AM in reply to saurabh1986

Hi Saurabh, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Six minutes is the standard transfer time at Zweisimmen, and is achievable. Trains usually arrive in Zweisimmen from Interlaken Ost on platform 6, and the panoramic train usually departs from platform 8. I have attached a photo of Zweisimmen station so you can see how close together the platforms are. You walk from one to the other at one end of the station.

If you still are concerned with the short connection time, in the timetable you can click on "Advanced search", then scroll down and change the "Duration of transfer" option from "Standard transfer time" to 10, 20 or 30 minutes. Then the timetable will generate a series of connections to get you from start to finish with longer transfer times.

You can access the Swiss Timetable, and find out how to use it here:

www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Alpenrose

Please login to see the attached documents
saurabh1986
saurabh1986
4 posts
Jun 22, 2017 - 3:54 AM in reply to Alpenrose666

Many thanks for your kind response. It was very helpful.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018