First timers Switzerland 6 nights in February

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 December 2018 at 7:41:17 #819155

Hello all,

My husband and I are planning our first trip to Switzerland end of February. We want to experience as much as possible without getting to overzealous with plans. We are skiers, and I read about night sledding and toboggan runs. Also would love to see towns, chocolate tours, whatever people suggest! Not huge on museums but open to things like that if weather is bad.

we are flying in and out of Zurich. The only thing booked so far is two nights in zermatt since things fill up quick it looks like. My main question is, should our other base be Lucerne and take day trips to surrounding areas? Should we add another base? I was originally intending on doing night 1 Lucerne, nights 2-3 Interlaken, nights 4-5 zermatt and night 6 Zurich for easy access back to the airport. However that seems like too much with our luggage. I read that Interlaken isn’t the best place anymore for a base as it isn’t what it once was?

any help with an itinerary would be greatly appreciated! Along with doable day trips from the recommended bases during this cold season 🙂

kenzie

• The thread ‘First timers Switzerland 6 nights in February’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.