60th birthday trip to Switzerland from UK

• Mummyduck
    Participant
    1 post
    14 January 2021 at 15:40:46 #825762

Hi everyone

I am new to the group as I am looking to surprise my husband with a trip to Switzerland for his 60th birthday which is at the end of this month.

My husband worked a season in Zermatt when he was fresh out of catering college and to this day he has never been back to visit. He often talks about his time there and many times he has expressed his desire to re-visit but with 6 children between us finances have been a bit tight choosing instead family holidays in the sun.

I am a complete novice not only in my knowledge of Switzerland but at booking holidays in general (my husband usually does this).

I am looking or any advice whatsoever on travelling from the UK preferably Manchester Airport to Switzerland, places to stay and visit. I am thinking of January 2022 simply because of corona virus and also our work commitments. Is January a good time to visit? I know it will be very cold but we are not too fussed about that.

Thanks for reading and hopefully hear from somebody soon! 🙂

• The thread ‘60th birthday trip to Switzerland from UK’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.