About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum 60th birthday trip to Switzerland from UK
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

60th birthday trip to Switzerland from UK

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mummyduck
Mummyduck
1 post
Jan 14, 2021 - 3:40 PM

Hi everyone

I am new to the group as I am looking to surprise my husband with a trip to Switzerland for his 60th birthday which is at the end of this month.

My husband worked a season in Zermatt when he was fresh out of catering college and to this day he has never been back to visit. He often talks about his time there and many times he has expressed his desire to re-visit but with 6 children between us finances have been a bit tight choosing instead family holidays in the sun.

I am a complete novice not only in my knowledge of Switzerland but at booking holidays in general (my husband usually does this).

I am looking or any advice whatsoever on travelling from the UK preferably Manchester Airport to Switzerland, places to stay and visit. I am thinking of January 2022 simply because of corona virus and also our work commitments. Is January a good time to visit? I know it will be very cold but we are not too fussed about that.

Thanks for reading and hopefully hear from somebody soon! :)

Ildiko
Ildiko
1047 posts
top member &
Jan 14, 2021 - 4:08 PM in reply to Mummyduck

Hi Mommyduck and welcome to MySwissAlps!

This is such a lovely surprise, I am sure your husband will be delighted!

If you are not familiar with Switzerland, I recommend starting here: www.myswissalps.com/aboutswitzerland. Then you can choose whether you want to plan your holiday for yourself or you prefer a group tour: www.myswissalps.com/plantrip.

Yes, January is usually cold there is a good chance that you'll find snow. It is a peak season because of winter sports. More information: www.myswissalps.com/besttimetovisit.

Do you know what would you like to visit in Switzerland? Would you like to travel back to Zermatt(www.myswissalps.com/zermatt)? For more natural sites like lakes and mountains check this: www.myswissalps.com/activities/naturalsites. If you are rather interested in culture and cities: www.myswissalps.com/activities/culture and www.myswissalps.com/wheretogo/towns.

Regarding your flight, check this: www.myswissalps.com/travel/toswitzerland/plane.

I hope this helps, happy planning! :)
Ildiko

Ps.: latest coronavirus information and tips how to plan your holiday during Covid can be found here: www.myswissalps.com/coronavirus

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021