7-day itinerary help for Switzerland in September

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2017 at 14:26:55 #867871

Hi Semsel.

Whats is the best to-do for the latter part of the day after our Mt. Rigi trip?

I also travel with two kids and the Swiss Museum of Transport (verkehrshaus) is near Lucerne and is great for the kids. There is a 50% discount i think with your swiss travel pass.

If you want to make the most of your Swiss trip then you can go in the early morning by train to Alpnachstad, then take the cogwheel to mount Pilatus and enjoy the great view, then go down with the cable car to Kriens and take the bus back to Lucerne. In the afternoon you can go to mount Rigi like you planned. The last train down from Rigi is at 20:00 PM i think so you have enough time.

Everything is free with your swiss travel pass but the question is if it’s not to much with 2 young children.

Dirk

Viewing 21 post (of 21 total)
  • The thread ‘7-day itinerary help for Switzerland in September’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.