7 Day itinerary in Switzerland in early April 2017

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 January 2017 at 11:21:59 #810683

MySwissAlps is really very informative forum for visitor.

I would like to share my itinerary I have prepared and I would like to have expert opinion on this itinerary

BASE 1 – Lauterbrunnen – 4 days stay

Day 1 – Excursion to Mount Pilatus

(Lucern —Boat— Alpnachstad —Cogwheel— Pilatus —Cablecar— Frakmuntegg –Gondola- Kriens ). This is include trip includes the Lucern lake as well as Mount Pilatus

Question – Is it feasible or not and as mentioned in the time table mount Pilatus is operational from 20th May?

Day 2- Excursion to Jungfraujoch

Lauterbrunnen — Train — Jungfraujoch

Question – what is the weather condition during this period of time?

Day 3 – Excursion to Schilthorn

Lauterbrunnen –Bus– Stchelbegr –Cablecar– Gimmelwald –cablecar– Murren — cablecar— Birg –cablecar– Schilthorn

Question – On this day is it possible to include apart from Schilthorn?

Day 4 – Excursion to Mount Titlis

Engelbegr –cablecar– Titlis or Engelbegr –Gondola– Trubsee –Gondola–Stand–cablecar–Titlis

Question – Which route is best to reach Titlis as par as natural beauty is concerned?

BASE 2 – Zermatt – 3 nights stay

Day 1 – Excursion to Matterhorn

Day 2 – Glacier Express

Day 3 – Geneva Lake city Tour

Need your expert opinion on this itinerary, I am open to modify and adjust my itinerary as per opinion. All these are possible to cover them from the bases I chosen. Appreciate you your feedback and opinion.

Thanks and Regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    28 January 2017 at 13:32:43 #858510

Hi samaje76, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

Please find some answers and thoughts below:

• yes, Pilatus can be visited in May. The route you described is the Golden Round Trip. Please see our Pilatus page for details;
    • weather in May can’t be predicted. Basically it can range from warm, spring-like weather to cloudy or rainy conditions. Forecasts only start to become reliable a couple of days in advance. Please study myswissalps.com/bestti metovisit and myswissalps.com/weathe r. Our Jungfraujoch page may be of help as well;
    • on day 3 you could hike, e.g. between Stechelberg and Lauterbrunnen or between Mürren and Grütschalp, and/or visit the Trümmelbach Falls. For a longer travel day you may like a boat trip on Lake Thun or Lake Brienz in the afternoon;
    • how to reach Titlis is explained here. Please consult the timetable as well. Note that it’s a very long trip from Lauterbrunnen. It’s easier to spend this day in the Jungfrau region too, or to plan an extra night in Lucerne in the beginning of your stay: Titlis is within easy reach of Lucerne;
    • you can’t actually visit the Matterhorn, but you can enjoy the views from Gornergrat or Klein Matterhorn;
    • you can do part of the Glacier Express as day trip from Zermatt (e.g. as far as Andermatt), but making the whole ride and returning the same day is too much. Please see our Glacier Express page for suggestions;
    • note that Geneva is quite far off from Zermatt. If you want to visit the Lake Geneva region, Montreux is closer and thus an easier option;
    • I recommend you look into the 8 day Swiss Travel Pass and see if it fits your needs.
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 January 2017 at 13:44:17 #858511

Thank you Annika for your valuable feedback, certainly I will look into them.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    29 January 2017 at 1:25:19 #858512

Hi samaje76

Also – on day 1, it is unusual to go to the Luzern area…Pilatus ….from the Bernese Oberland. Possible, but involves some long train rides. Why not stay near Luzern?

Perhaps a look at this map:

map.search.ch/

in combination with the timetable that Annika linked to would help you visualize this travel better.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 January 2017 at 10:22:48 #858513

Thank you slowpoke for your valuable feedback and suggestions.

Certainly I looking for staying in Luzern.

• The thread ‘7 Day itinerary in Switzerland in early April 2017’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.