Seven day solo Switzerland trip in February

• nandini7
    Participant
    10 posts
    28 September 2019 at 11:10:31 #824009

Hi! After much research (on this website and others), I have come up with an itinerary of a 7 day holiday from Zurich. My start date is fixed, and I will be traveling solo. Would really appreciate if somebody can go through the itinerary and let me know if it is too tight, or if I should add certain must-sees that I missed out on, and any winter restrictions that I haven’t factored in.

24th Feb:

Zurich – Old Town, Lake Zurich, Fraumunster Church, Bahnhofstrasse, Lindt Chocolate Factory (Rhine Falls?)

25th Feb:

Mt Titlis (+Snow Tubing)

Lucerne – Lake Lucerne, Lion Monument, Chapel Bridge

26th Feb:

Interlaken Lakes (Thun, Brienz)

Grindelwald-First Cliff Walk/Flyer/Glider, Lake Bachalpsee

27th Feb:

Jungfraujoch: Ice Palace, Lindt Swiss Chocolate Heaven, Snow Fun Park (will it be open?), Sphinx Observation Deck

28th Feb:

Zermatt:

Gornergrat/Matterhorn Ski Paradise (which is better?), Stargazing @ Gornergrat

29th Feb:

Return to Zurich, Zurich Thermal Bath

Should I add:

1. Glacier Express to St. Moritz (it will increase my itinerary by 2 days because I will have to return to Zurich after, and may not get much time at St. Moritz, but if it is absolutely worth it, I will!)

2. Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card (not sure which will work out cheaper).

If anybody knows of any tour companies that do small group tours on a budget, I wouldn’t mind joining one of those too. Any suggestions about lovely places to live in or restaurants to eat in are also welcome. Also, does it make more sense to stay in a central place (like Lucerne or Interlaken) for the entire duration of the trip, or should I spend each night at a different place?

Thank you so much, and eagerly looking forward to being in Switzerland for the first time!

• The thread ‘Seven day solo Switzerland trip in February’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.