7 day packed Swiss itinerary in late October

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Maverick2011
    Participant
    9 posts
    12 October 2017 at 11:58:39 #869927

Thanks all for your inputs, we have made some changes in the Itinerary based on your recommendations:

Day 1 Arrive into Zurich | Day trip to Lugano (Monte Salvatore, boat to Mount Bree, Gandria)

Day 2: Morning Lucerne check-in > Mt Titlis

Day 3: Rigi (incl boat cruise) > Pilatus (if time permits)

Day 4: Morning Lautebrunner check-in > Roam around Murren, Lautebrunner, Schilthorn, Trummelbach falls

Day 5: Day trip to Jungfrau, Eiger trail, Grindelwald, Wengen

Day 6: Day trop to Adelboden, Kandersteg, Oeschinensee Lake

Day 7: Lautebrunner to Montreux > Chateau de Chillon, Chaplins Museum, Lavaux (Vineyards), Gruyeres (cheese)

Day 8: Day trip to Zermatt > Gornergrat, Klein Matterhorn (optional) > Depart to Geneva in PM

Day 9: Depart for home

QQs:

1) Thoughts on this itinerary, anything we can skip / include / optimize?

2) Where should we stay in Bernese Highlands – Murren / Wengen / Lautebrunner / Grindelwald, given that we are making day trip to Jungfrau & Adelboden, and also based on the season?

3) How is Gstaad + Glacier 3000, we have an option between Zermatt & Gstaad?

Regards,

Ankit

Maverick2011
    Participant
    9 posts
    12 October 2017 at 12:18:09 #869928

One more Q, for the day trip to Adelbolden, should we return to our base location (Option 1) or

Store luggage in locker and proceed to Montreux on the same day (Option 2) or

Store luggage in locker and proceed to Zermatt on the same day (Option 3)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 October 2017 at 16:02:38 #869929

Hi Ankit,

1. I think the itinerary can work for you. As long as the train schedules work for you that is all that’s important.
    2. I think you will find all those towns to be quite similar (they are close to each other). Wengen is probably the most popular. Lauterbrunnen is a bit bigger and has good rail connections to get in and out of the region.
    3. I don’t think it is needed or really possible to fit in. The only place it really makes sense is on day 7 on your way to Montreux. I wouldn’t be too worried about it, based on your current plans.
Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The thread ‘7 day packed Swiss itinerary in late October’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.