7 days Lucerne and Interlaken with a baby

• Yahyaarif
    Participant
    1 post
    7 August 2022 at 11:12:49 #827995

Hello all,

I am planning a trip in September 2022 and need guidance. i am going along with my wife and our 7-month-old baby.

The objective of the trip is Sightseeing Only and small hikes which is accessible with a Baby. ( not walking far off our base)

We are not interested in a lot of activities as we just want to walk around town and have a peaceful 7 days.

I have planned the days as follows:

Day 1 – Arrive in Zurich at 1 Pm – Flight time is confirmed as per the flight booking,

Take a train to Lucerne and stay there for the night.( not yet booked)

Day 2 – take a train from Lucerne to Interlaken and stay the night there.

explore Thun Lake and other nearby areas by walk or train ( within 1-hour train ride)

Day 3 – go to Zermatt and spend the day there and come back to Interlaken

Day 4 – Go to Lauterbrunnen and stay the night there

Day 5 – go to Grindelwald for the day and come back to Lauterbrunnen and stay the night there

Day 6 – Go to Mürren and come back to Lauterbrunnen stay the night there

Day 7 – take a morning train back to Zurich and stay the night in Zurich

Day 8 – Flight / Train out of Switzerland to Prague

I have the following queries:

Q1. We are not heavy eaters but of course, food is required – Exploring the menu from google maps restaurants is it okay to keep 75 CHF per person per day for food? I will be carrying snacks as well.

Q2. Should I opt for the swiss travel pass or go for Half fare? I went through the websites and myswissalps.com but was still a bit confused.

Q3. I have a budget of USD 125 for accommodations per night. Is that enough to get me a suitable Airbnb or should I go for a bit more

Your kind response is requested

Thank you

• The thread ‘7 days Lucerne and Interlaken with a baby’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.