7 days in Switzerland with infant – itinerary help

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2017 at 9:28:44 #811265

hai everyone,

It was interesting reading the forum topics, but i am travelling on 23rd till 30th june with my 10 month baby, from qatar. so wanted to get idea regarding some informations.

our iterinary is :

23rd we arrive in zurich and head toward wengen. by 12:00 pm we check in to hotel.where to spend time evenings?

24th- griendelwald, murren and interlaken. can we cover all these places? any unavoidable sights to see?

25th -top of europe

26th- towards montrex

27 and 28th what to do? 29th lucern and mount rigi.

30th back to qatar.Is there any things to see in zurich?

should we go for golden pass train?

thanks

jyovis

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2017 at 16:04:44 #860955

Hi jyovis and welcome to MySwissAlps,

23rd – For some ideas of what to do in Wengen look here.

24th – I wouldn’t worry about visiting Interlaken and instead visit Grindelwald and Murren or Lauterbrunnen. Each page I linked has information on things to do in the area as well.

25th – staying in Wengen still?

26th – I think the Golden Pass train from Interlaken to Montreux is a great idea.

27 and 28th – Stay in Montreux? There are many things to do in the area for 2 days!

29th – Luzern and Mt. Rigi are good options.

30th – Things to do in Zurich.

I hope that helps you on trip planning, let us know if you have further questions!

Lucas

Arno
    15483 posts
    3 April 2017 at 17:59:13 #860956

Hi Jyovis,

Note that taking a baby to high peaks (over 2500) requires some precautions. You’ll read more about that on our attraction pages, if applicable, like the Jungfraujoch page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2017 at 20:04:13 #860957

Thanks soo much lucas and arno for the suggestions.

On 24th lucas had suggested is griendelwald , murren & lauterrburnen.Can all these days be covered in 1 day?

Yes from 23rd till 29th we will be staying in wengen. So according to weather we will plan jaungfrauch trip and have kept 25th the whole day.

26th golden pass. Can that also be covered in 1 day?

27th & 28th we wants to covern thun, bern or other suggestions some lake rides or chocolate factory etc

29th we check out go to lucern and wants to see mount rigi, rhine falls then overnight at zurich.

30th back home.

Any other suggestions

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2017 at 7:49:32 #860958

Hi Jyovis,

I would pick maybe two towns and not all three, to visit in one day on the 24th.

Yes, the Golden pass can be done in one day but it’ll be a longer day starting and ending in Wengen.

The Cailler chocolate factory is located near Montreux (your end destination for the Golden Compass, but it would be hard to day on the same day and get back to Wengen). You would change trains in Montbovon to reach Broc, where the factory is.

Lake Thun boat rides are very popular and easy from Wengen. Bern and Luzern are also nice towns to visit on a day trip from Wengen. It looks like a good plan your your trip.

Lucas

• The thread ‘7 days in Switzerland with infant – itinerary help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.