Here is my 7 days Switzerland trip plan as under:-
● 02/05/2018 - Land in Zurich Airport and take a train to Zermatt. Check-in at
the apartment and take rest
● 03/05/2018 - Travel by Gornergrat Train and Zermatt local sightseeing. Suggestion needed
for local sightseeing.
● 04/05/2018 - Travel by Glacier express, deboard at Filisur and catching train to Luzern to
check in the apartment . Reservation has already been done.Can two medium size suitcase
be kept at the end of train ( in second class) in the Glacier express?
● 05/05/2018 - Travel to Mount Titlis .
● 06/05/2018 - Travel to Mount Rigi and lake Lucerne; Can anything else be done in
● 07/05/2018 - Travel to Rhine Falls, Lake Constanze, Lindtt factor, Montreux (castle) .
Should we add anything else?
● 08/05/2018 - Travel by golden pass line. Can Bern and Fribourg (the places of Indian films
shooting) be covered in the same day?
● 09/05/2018 - Travel to Zurich, local sightseeing and catching an evening return flight to
Mumbai,India. Kindly suggest the places we can visit in 6-7 hours.
Since the cable cars will be closed in Jungfraujoch- top of Europe in May during my trip, will it make sense to visit it ? Kindly suggest any modifications in the itinerary; we want to see glass and chocolate factories. The 8 day Swiss travel pass seems be best @ 50CHF/per day with unlimited train rides and local buses since at least twice per day we will be using trains and buses. The pass will make free of cost ride to glacier express and Mt. Rigi and lead to 50% discount to Mt. Titlis and Gornergrat Train.
Manoj, Mumbai, India