Organizing 7 day Switzerland trip Lucerne & Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2017 at 10:28:37 #810963

HI,

I am in Switzerland starting March 24th till 31st morning. I will need help in organizing my days well and surely an expert’s advise will add flavor to my trip.

I am reaching Zurich in afternoon on 24th March and taking train to Lucerne. I assume my day will be over in the transfer and settling in Lucerne. For next 3 days I have stationed myself in Lucerne and covering nearby locations from there.

25- Covering Mount Titlis and return to Lucerne.

26-Covering Pilatus and return to Lucerne.

27-Covering Grindelwald and Jungfrau and return to Lucerne.

28-Early morning to Zurich. Check in and plan to visit Rhine Falls.

29-Zurich to Chur-Bernina Express to Tirano and return journey on same day.

30-No Plan yet.

31- Taking train to France at 11

I had preferred not to move my hotels again and again and hence stayed in 2 cities only. May I request for providing suggestions for 28/30 March and also how may enjoy on the planned days.

Also if there is something very good that I am missing, please advise. I have already bought Swiss Travel Pass and booked seats in Bernina Express.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2017 at 16:12:20 #859606

Hi Vaibhav1975,

I agree in staying in just 2 cities during your trip as well. It looks like on the 28th and 30th you will be in Zurich. The major natural attraction near Zurich is the RheinFall and you have that planned.
    Zurich itself is a business city primarily. There are a lot of opportunities for shopping, visiting museums and finding some nice restaurants to eat at if that is an interest.

You can also take a cruise on Lake Zurich or hike up nearby Üetliberg mountain (or train up the mountain and walk along the mountain ridges). You could do a day trip to Mt. Rigi as well if you like. There are a list of activities for Zurich listed here.

Are you looking for more outdoor activities or exploring the city?

• The thread ‘Organizing 7 day Switzerland trip Lucerne & Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.