Train trip ideas with 7 day trip Zürich and Wengen

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Pzak
Pzak
8 posts
May 25, 2018 - 6:49 AM

We are planning a 7 days trip in July first half. Will be staying 3 nights in Zurich and 4 nights in Wengen,

As of now, our plan is; first day, Half day Zürich city tour, then if time permits, to Mt. Pilatus otherwise Lucerne.

Can anyone suggest a rout in panoramic train Glacier Express or similar to spend the second day?

Third day, on our way to Wengen, thought of taking Golden Pass train from Lucerne- Interlaken.

In Wengen, apart from Jungfrau and Interlaken, planning a day trip to Bern. Any other suggestions?

Second query is on Rail passes. If we purchase Swiss Travel Pass, does it cover all rail networks? Panoramic Trains?

If Panoramic not covered, do we need to get in advance? Reservation required? Where can I purchase it from?

I guess reservation is not required for normal train travel.

Thanking you in advance

rockoyster
rockoyster
4071 posts
expert
May 25, 2018 - 7:02 AM in reply to Pzak

Hello Pzak and Welcoe to MySwissAlps,

Someone else will no doubt answer your other questions but I just wanted to suggest you have a look at www.rhb.ch/en/tickets-travelcards/promotions /gotthard-bernina-circular-tour rather than the Glacier Express.

Lucas
Lucas
9866 posts
expert &
May 25, 2018 - 7:36 AM in reply to Pzak

Hi Pzak,

I wouldn't spend 3 nights in Zurich if you don't have specific plans there. I'd stay in Lucerne. If you are in Lucerne on your 2nd day then look at the Gotthard Panorama Express train (not running on Mondays).

I wouldn't worry about visiting Interlaken. Perhaps you want to see Thun and take a cruise on Lake Thun though.

The Swiss Travel Pass covers most trains and other transport including the panoramic express trains but reservations are always required for those trains.

Regular train do not need reservations no. You can reserve scenic trains through my last link - click on the train you want to reserve and click on the packages tab.

Last modified on May 25, 2018 - 7:37 AM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018