7 days family friendly itinerary for adventurers!

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
koolakhil77
koolakhil77
1 post
Feb 28, 2017 - 6:58 AM

Hi Folks

Im in beautiful Switzerland for 7 days in Mid May. The rough itinerary I have planned( with 8 day Swiss travel pass) is as below :

Day 1: Taking train from Milan to Domodossola. Then From Domodossola reaching Grindelwad availing the Swiss travel pass. Spending evening & night roaming in grindelwald

Day 2: Roaming around Interlaken & covering lake thun /Brienz. Some activities may be in Interlaken

Day 3. Day for Jangfrou & on the way back, spending the evening in Wengen

Day 4. Doing activities around the grindelwad region & leaving for Zurich in the Afternoon. reaching Zurich & day for leisure

Day 5. Travel to engelberg & Mt titlis. On the way back spending the evening in Lucerne

Day 6: Day tour of Zurich & rhine Falls. Evening for leisurely roaming around the city

Day 7: Shopping & roaming around in Zurich till afternoon & taking Flight back in late afternoon

Now the queries are:

1.How does the itinerary look like? It looks a little to relaxed. can i Add more stuff to do?

2. Zermatt: Can Zermatt be covered by any way & is it actually wrth travelling that far may be for half a day

3. Sim: How do i obtain a Calling Sim card in Switzerland

4, climate: As im reaching on 21st May , how exactly will the climate be at that time.

thanks a lot guys. Would appreciate feedback

Lucas
Lucas
9587 posts
expert &
Feb 28, 2017 - 4:36 PM in reply to koolakhil77

Hi Koolakhil77 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. I think this is a good itinerary and not too intense. Adding stuff to it depends on what you been by "roaming the town" or "some activities in...." :) in your itinerary!
    Have a look through our information pages for the towns you are interested in visiting - listed here.

On those pages you will find links to hotels in the area and activities that are popular there as well - to give you a specific idea of what to do when roaming! Have you decided what towns you are staying in over night? Are you in a different town every night? I would recommend staying in maybe 2 base towns and exploring from there - perhaps Grindelwald and Luzern?
  2. Perhaps Zermatt could be on your first day/night if you decide to go. It was worth the trip for me as I thought it pretty special to see the Matterhorn in person and there are lots of activities to do there as well.
  3. Take a look at our page on Sim cards and WiFi hotspot options for Switzerland here - a lot of good information.
  4. Weather is very hard to predict in Switzerland. In lower elevation it may be quite comfortable and Spring/Summer like for sure by mid-May. However when you go up in the mountains it can be a totally different story - pack accordingly! Always check the forecast for a mountain you are wanting to visit the night before or morning of departure - if it is cloudy there is no point to go.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have further questions!

Lucas

Last modified on Feb 28, 2017 - 4:37 PM by Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018