7 days family friendly itinerary for adventurers!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2017 at 6:58:25 #810925

Hi Folks

Im in beautiful Switzerland for 7 days in Mid May. The rough itinerary I have planned( with 8 day Swiss travel pass) is as below :

Day 1: Taking train from Milan to Domodossola. Then From Domodossola reaching Grindelwad availing the Swiss travel pass. Spending evening & night roaming in grindelwald

Day 2: Roaming around Interlaken & covering lake thun /Brienz. Some activities may be in Interlaken

Day 3. Day for Jangfrou & on the way back, spending the evening in Wengen

Day 4. Doing activities around the grindelwad region & leaving for Zurich in the Afternoon. reaching Zurich & day for leisure

Day 5. Travel to engelberg & Mt titlis. On the way back spending the evening in Lucerne

Day 6: Day tour of Zurich & rhine Falls. Evening for leisurely roaming around the city

Day 7: Shopping & roaming around in Zurich till afternoon & taking Flight back in late afternoon

Now the queries are:

1.How does the itinerary look like? It looks a little to relaxed. can i Add more stuff to do?

2. Zermatt: Can Zermatt be covered by any way & is it actually wrth travelling that far may be for half a day

3. Sim: How do i obtain a Calling Sim card in Switzerland

4, climate: As im reaching on 21st May , how exactly will the climate be at that time.

thanks a lot guys. Would appreciate feedback

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2017 at 16:36:16 #859459

Hi Koolakhil77 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. I think this is a good itinerary and not too intense. Adding stuff to it depends on what you been by “roaming the town” or “some activities in….” 🙂 in your itinerary!
      Have a look through our information pages for the towns you are interested in visiting – listed here.

On those pages you will find links to hotels in the area and activities that are popular there as well – to give you a specific idea of what to do when roaming! Have you decided what towns you are staying in over night? Are you in a different town every night? I would recommend staying in maybe 2 base towns and exploring from there – perhaps Grindelwald and Luzern?

2. Perhaps Zermatt could be on your first day/night if you decide to go. It was worth the trip for me as I thought it pretty special to see the Matterhorn in person and there are lots of activities to do there as well.
    3. Take a look at our page on Sim cards and WiFi hotspot options for Switzerland here – a lot of good information.
    4. Weather is very hard to predict in Switzerland. In lower elevation it may be quite comfortable and Spring/Summer like for sure by mid-May. However when you go up in the mountains it can be a totally different story – pack accordingly! Always check the forecast for a mountain you are wanting to visit the night before or morning of departure – if it is cloudy there is no point to go.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have further questions!

Lucas

• The thread ‘7 days family friendly itinerary for adventurers!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.