7 nights Luzern & Murren in June- anything to add?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2018 at 23:55:57 #814636

Hello All,

First of all thank you very much in advance for your response.

I am travelling to Switzerland in June’18 for 7 nights with my husband and need advice on few things. Please see my itinerary so far using Swiss Half Day pass:

15th June – Leave Paris and arrive Luzern. Check in, Lunch, short walks near by

16th June – Mount Rigi using cogwheel, boat and cable car (I chose Rigi because it’s greener than Pilatus and Titlis in summer)

17th June – Luzern chapel bridge, old wooden bridge, lion monument, 1 church (FULL DAY)

18th June – Leave Luzern for Murren, so travelling and check in. I booked hotel room with balcony so wine drinking in balcony overlooking beautiful alps J

19th June – Walks to close market, wine and dine whole day – any good restaurant to recommend?

20th June – Jungfrou mountain

21st June – Interlaken to Montreaux (either golden pass or normal pass)

22nd June- Leave Interlaken for Venice (Italy)

Suggestion needed:

– Have we covered all ‘MUST DO’

– My husband and I are relaxed couple with not must interest in museums and churches. We LOVE good wine and food but at same time we want to cover ‘MUST DO’ while we are there.

– 1 best church to visit in Luzern

– Local restaurants recommendation in Luzern City centre and near Hotel Edelweiss Wengen (I think it’s in Murren)

We eat every cuisine as long as food is good

As a local (if you are) any place in particular that we should cover which is not in tourist places?

All responses are greatly appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2018 at 7:32:50 #877863

Hi Shivron, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

What I would consider as a ‘must do’ might not be the same for you. You have covered some of the big highlights with your itinerary. It looks pretty good. You are not trying to fit in too much.

I have never visited any churches in Lucerne, so I can’t be of any help here.

There is a search box at the top right of this page. You can use that to find restaurant suggestions from other forum members.

On your way to Montreux I would definitely take the Golden Pass route. If you would like to do the faster route on your way back, that’s fine. If you decide to do so, I (as a ‘local’) would recommend to get off in Fribourg for dinner. Check out restaurant l’Hôtel de Ville. Fribourg has a beautiful old town as well. You can use the Swiss timetable to plan your trip.

Like2Travel
    Participant
    26 posts
    7 March 2018 at 23:05:50 #877864

Hello. when you stated ‘and near Hotel Edelweiss Wengen (I think it’s in Murren)’

– Please note that there is a Hotel Edelweiss in Murren and there is one also a Hotel Edelweiss in Wengen. Both hotels have rooms with balconies overlooking the Alps. There are nice restaurants around both areas. Both hotels serve half board dinners with good reviews. Check which one you made a reservation. The one in Wengen is close to Jungfraujoch and the one is Murren is close to Schilthorn. Murren and Wengen are both awesome places. Enjoy.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2018 at 23:48:09 #877865

Hello @Chantal – Thank you for your suggestions. I will take Golden Pass for atleast one way and take up your idea on dinner at ‘Hôtel de Ville.

Like2Travel – I didn’t know there are 2 hotels, the signature of hotel’s email says ‘Hotel Edelweiss Wengen’ from Daniel so I assume its Wengen then.

Like2Travel
    Participant
    26 posts
    8 March 2018 at 0:14:47 #877866

Hi, there. Yes, it is in Wengen then. Daniel is the owner/manager. We have a reservation at their hotel in June. I heard their 4-course dinner is very good and all other restaurants in hotels around that area are excellent, too. Take care.

• The thread ‘7 nights Luzern & Murren in June- anything to add?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.