May 21, 2015 - 9:32 AM
Hi, I will be flying in with the family to Paris Disneyland and will head to Switzerland for 7D early July. Family of four with two young kids 6 & 3. Itinerary as below :
- Day 1 - Travel from Paris Disneyland to Montreux - Montreux Accommodation
- Day 2 - Chocolate Train / Self travel to Callier Nestle & Gruyere Cheese - Montreux Accommodation
- Day 3 - Glacier 3000 - Montreux Accommodation
- Day 4 - Travel to Interlaken, Interlaken City Sights - Interlaken Accommodation
- Day 5 - Bern Day Trip - Shopping - Interlaken Accommodation
- Day 6 - Brienz Steam Train - Interlaken Accommodation
- Day 7 - Travel from Interlaken to CDG
I am having issues with :
1) Montreux accommodation - Not too many options and very expensive. Any other nearby town/city with reasonably priced, clean & comfortable accommodation which allows easy access to Chocolate Train / Glacier 3000?
2) Skipping Jungfraujoch as I had been there previously, electing to have the kids experience snow in Glacier 3000 instead.
3) Any other must-see / must-do in Interlaken area? Wouldn't mind scenery, farms, or simply walking along grassy hills. Thank you for your valuable advice.