8-9 days trip in Jungfrau, Lucerne and Zermatt

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 August 2020 at 22:17:16 #933998

I would avoid mixing Swiss Travel Pass and Half fare card within one party. It means one set of people can just walk onto any train (or bus or boat) while the other has the complexity of ‘organising’ validity on an as required basis.

The Flex version of the STP is designed for people not expecting to want to travel every day. The problem is they might see half your party travelling every day and decide they want to do the same!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 August 2020 at 22:27:02 #933999

Even if your plane lands spot on time, you will take up to 30 mins to 1 hour to get out of the ‘airside’ / customs etc and then get your bearings. Zurich Airport has a complete shopping centre with restaurants, supermarket, tourist shops, the SBB rail travel centre etc. You can take as long as you like before heading to the station platform for a train.

Mishravijit
    Participant
    24 posts
    11 August 2020 at 6:52:58 #934000

Many thanks 1960man, for your observations and suggestions with regard to my queries. Those will be of immense help to me in preparing my tour itinerary and also for chosing the Rail Passes. In my opinion, the Flex Passes are not suitable for us as those restrict the dates of travel and are comparatively more costly.

Regards, Avijit.

Mishravijit
    Participant
    24 posts
    11 August 2020 at 7:05:57 #934001

Thanks Anna, for your observations regarding my query about selection of accommodation. I shall go through the relevant webpages available in this site and also various discussions on the specific forum on this issue before posting my queries here.

I have already downloaded the spreadsheet from the link provided by you. But it seems a bit daunting at first look. It needs certain getting used to prior to using, isn’t it? But there’s no doubt that it’s very useful.

Regards, Avijit.

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The thread ‘8-9 days trip in Jungfrau, Lucerne and Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.