8 days to my Switzerland trip with an ankle injury

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
autumnz
autumnz
79 posts
Jul 13, 2018 - 7:45 PM

Today, I badly sprained my ankle. Is it possible to get ice or keep an ice pack at hotel? I know ice is not as prevalent in Europe. Any Suggestions for traveling with a foot injury?

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5176 posts
expert
Jul 14, 2018 - 1:07 AM in reply to autumnz

Good news. Now you will not consider chasing the mountain goats or ibex... a fruitless task anyway. ;-)

Get a plastic-wrapped heating/cooling pad.

Maybe two.

The hotels will make them cold for you.

Slowpoke

Last modified on Jul 14, 2018 - 1:15 AM by Slowpoke
Nbunim
Nbunim
19 posts
Jul 14, 2018 - 9:08 AM

Visit pharmacy in Switzerland . They definitely have some amazing creams for injuries .

Arno
Arno
11365 posts
expert &
Jul 14, 2018 - 10:31 AM

I'm sorry to hear that Autumnz. You'll have to adjust a bit, but I'm sure you'll still enjoy Switzerland. Have a speedy recovery!

autumnz
autumnz
79 posts
Jul 14, 2018 - 11:00 AM

Thank you....I will plan on stopping in to the pharmacies to see if they can help. For now, I am taking care to help heal as much as possible before we go.

Nbunim
Nbunim
19 posts
Jul 14, 2018 - 11:39 AM in reply to autumnz

I don’t know where you going but Zermatt has pharmacy where they making different med including cream for trauma and injuries . I’m sure you can find similar things in different cantons .

autumnz
autumnz
79 posts
Jul 14, 2018 - 11:42 AM

Zurich, Lucerne, Wengen, and Montreux. I think there will be pharmacies in all of these places so that is hopeful!

hannahsmom
hannahsmom
16 posts
Jul 14, 2018 - 7:33 PM in reply to autumnz

I had a bad sprain that took a year to fully heal. You'll need a good ankle brace to keep it stabilized. It's like a tight compression sock without heal or toe. Ace makes a good one in the US.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5176 posts
expert
Jul 14, 2018 - 8:05 PM in reply to hannahsmom

<<"You'll need a good ankle brace to keep it stabilized. It's like a tight compression sock without heal or toe. ">>

They are available at Swiss pharmacies.

Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018