8 day honeymoon July Lucerne, Interlaken & Zermatt

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Nehapadhi
    Participant
    15 posts
    27 June 2019 at 15:12:32 #908057

Cash got autocorrected to case in my previous reply.

Sorry, my bad!

I meant I had heard that Switzerland is a mostly cash based country, isn’t that true?

Nehapadhi
    Participant
    15 posts
    27 June 2019 at 15:18:06 #908058

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, will book the 8 day swiss travel pass for sure, seems like the best option for us.

Doing Zermatt on 29th will be a bit too hectic I guess, might give it a miss after all.

Or depending on weather conditions, do it on one of the other full days we have, let’s see how things pan out.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2019 at 15:32:35 #908059

as I wrote in my earlier post, i carried 80% on card and 20% in cash which worked fine for me. I could have also managed 90% on card.

Nehapadhi
    Participant
    15 posts
    27 June 2019 at 15:35:46 #908060

Yes, you did!

Got it!

Thanks!

Nehapadhi
    Participant
    15 posts
    27 June 2019 at 15:37:59 #908061

How much extra does it cost to travel up to the mountains? On average? Till where is the swiss travel pass valid?

Annika
    7103 posts
    27 June 2019 at 15:56:09 #908062

Hi Nehapadhi. It’s hard to give average costs, this is really different for each mountain trip. The Swiss Travel Pass validity map at myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/validity, and the list of day trips provided there, show exactly what’s covered and what’s discounted. You can find regular prices using the timetable (myswissalps.com/timeta ble) or following the links that are provided on the “Ticket” tabs of each attraction page, for example the link under “More information” at myswissalps.com/titlis /tickets.

Nehapadhi
    Participant
    15 posts
    28 June 2019 at 4:19:07 #908063

Thanks a lot!

The map is really useful! Will help a lot with planning our travels!

Nehapadhi
    Participant
    15 posts
    28 June 2019 at 13:20:11 #908064

Since we will be arriving fairly early in Zurich, will it be possible for us to visit The Rhine Falls before proceeding to Luzern?

What do we do with our luggage?

Also any advice on how to pack to Switzerland in July, considering the terrain is so varied!

Arno
    15471 posts
    28 June 2019 at 19:13:06 #908065

Sure, no problem. You can store your luggage in lockers at the Zurich station. Further information is here: http://www.myswissalps.com/rh inefalls.

Dressing in (multiple) thinner layers helps you to adapt to warm and cold weather, even during one day with varying altitudes: http://www.myswissalps.com/we ather. It’s also easier to pack than thicker clothing, which you won’t need much anyway in July.

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The thread ‘8 day honeymoon July Lucerne, Interlaken & Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.