Best Swiss Travel Pass for a 12 day trip?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 November 2017 at 20:18:00 #813742

My husband and I are looking to travel about Switzerland over the course of 12 days. I know we won’t be traveling via train every single day, we will spend some time in some of the larger cities exploring on foot. That being said, I still would like access to buses and museums during that time, so would it be best to choose the 15 day pass for a 12 day trip or the 8 day and to plan accordingly? Also, do you have discounts for purchasing multiple passes or is it based on the individual price point? Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 November 2017 at 7:38:09 #872372

Hi livviellison and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The nice thing about the Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Travel Pass Flex is that they give you those extra perks as well as city transport.

I would look at either the 15 day Swiss Travel Pass (for consecutive days) or the 8 day Swiss Travel Pass Flex (non-consecutive days) if you know you have a few days during your trip with little to no use of trains, buses or boats.

There isn’t any current promotions on the Swiss Travel Passes at the moment, but sometimes when you spend a certain amount of money you get a discount of some sort.

There would be no rush to buy the passes (the Swiss Travel Pass can be emailed to you to print at home – the Swiss Travel Pass Flex must be shipped to you so give that a couple weeks). So you can wait for promotions if you aren’t traveling soon.

• The thread ‘Best Swiss Travel Pass for a 12 day trip?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.