8 Day June itinerary Lucerne & Wengen- any advice?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2018 at 12:56:41 #814671

Hello,

I am planning to travel to Swiss on 8th June 2018, with my wife and 18 month old daughter. Thanks to this great forum, I was able to gather many important information from here and prepared the below travel plan. Requesting your valuable suggestions to improve this itinerary.

Day 1 (08-Jun-18)

Doha to Zurich . Arrival at Zurich by 14:30 PM. Zurich to Lucerne by train. Apartment we booked is right in front of the Main train station. Evening walk to chappel bridge and old town. Stay in Lucerne.

Day 2 (09-Jun-18)

Lucerne to Mt. Rigi, Then to Vitznau. Vitznau to Lucerne via Boat. If time allows inn the evening,visit Museum of Transport. Stay in Lucerne.

Day 3 (10-Jun-18)

Mt. Platus trip. In the afternoon Lucerne to Lungern . Lake Lungern. Night Stay in Lucerne.

Qn: Anything better places than Lungern??

Day 4 (11-Jun-18)

Lucerne to Interlaken. Stop at brienz and put the luggage in locker at station. Take the bus to Ballenberg museum. Back to Brienz Station. Brienz to Interlaken by Boat. Interlaken OST to Wengen. Check in to Hotel in Wengen

Day 5 (12-Jun-18)

Mürren – Schilthorn – Grütschalp trip. Stay in Wengen.

Day 6 (13-Jun-18)

Schynige Platte -Kleine Scheidegg. Stay in Wengen

Qn: Any better suggestions please.

Day 7 (14-Jun-18)

Interlaken-Spiez-Lake Thun. Stay in Wengen.

Qn: Any better suggestions please.

Day 8 (15-Jun-18)

Check out. Train to Zurich Airport. Return to Doha.

Our interest is to cover the scenic places. Please provide your inputs.

(Mt. Titlis and Jungfraujoch was left out because of the altitude issue. )

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2018 at 18:27:12 #878164

Hi reddevil and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It looks like a good itinerary! I’ll add just a quick comment:

• Day 3 – Do you have something specific to do in Lungern? It is a lovely and scenic trip there but you will do the same trip the next day to Interlaken. How about a day trip to Bern?
    • Day 4 is a bit of a long day to me. Just keep that in mind – be sure to use the Swiss railways timetableto plan out all the trips (if you haven’t already).

Otherwise everything seems reasonable. I’m not sure if I have better suggestions for you on your other questions – they are nice trips but I can’t say that you’ll like them more or less than other places. 🙂

Have you also decided on a rail pass? Be sure to review our page on how to choose the best rail pass to help you.

• The thread ‘8 Day June itinerary Lucerne & Wengen- any advice?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.