8 Day Swiss Travel Pass for a 6 day trip?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 April 2016 at 3:29:04 #808901

Hi All!

I have done a lot of research and did the math as suggested in the forums. With so many numbers and options just want to make sure I am not missing out on something!

4 adults + 1 Senior Citizen + 1Child (10yrs)

16th June Checkout from Paris – Wengen

(Paris > Basel > Interlaken > Lauterbrunnen > Wengen)

17th June Jungfrau + some city

18th June Interlaken – boat tour, explore city

19th June Wengen to Lucerne. Spend day exploring the city

20th June: Open to suggestions. Either do Golden Pass/ Mt Titlis OR cheese factory, Kambly cookie and countryside

21st June Long Bernina Express Day!

(Lucerne > Chur > Tirano > Milan >Venice)

The options I have come down to are :

A)8 day Swiss pass or

B) the 4 day flexi pass + Half card (for 2 days + use for Jungfrau 50% off)

Your time and patience much appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 April 2016 at 7:11:53 #850740

Hi tejalthakkar, welcome to MySwissAlps!

It’s indeed quite a challenge to select the best pass. From my experience, the Swiss Travel Pass Flex Combi (your option B) is almost always too expensive and despite its name, not very flexible. I assume either the 8-day Swiss Travel Pass or the Swiss Half Fare Card to be the best option. I’m not sure how you did the math, but this page explains it and also provides a spread sheet. The Swiss Travel Pass would be the most convenient option: less tickets to buy, the flexibility to go wherever you like during the day, and many free museums.

Both passes are explained in detail here:

Additionally you need a ticket from Tirano to Venice: myswissalps.com/ traintickets/italy. Also you need a Bernina Express seat reservation (myswissalps.com/ berninaexpress/ tickets), but you can travel on any local train without a reservation too.

Suggestions for in and around Lucerne are here: myswissalps.com/ lucerne/activities.

• The thread ‘8 Day Swiss Travel Pass for a 6 day trip?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.