8 days in Switzerland – Luzern as a base

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2017 at 17:37:39 #811736

Hello sir/Madam

I seek your guidance in planning my trip to Switzerland in July 1st week.I am coming to switzerland with my family me ,my husband, 6 yr old daughter and 18 month son.

We would be landing on Zurich airport on 1st July. Planning to leave for Lucrene and do our excursions and trip from Lucrene.

we have can do 7 day trip. I am planning to buy Tell Pass as its a good option to roam around central switzerland

I have planned 5 days trip.. I dont want to exhaust too much with kids so want to do one major attraction each day.

1. Mount Rigi

2. Mount Pilatus

3.Interlaken

4.Stanserhorn

5.Brienzer Rothorn

I am left with 2 days… I know i can do Mount Titlis but want to explore what other options i have? my return is from Zurich…

Can you suggest how i can plan my 2 days in switzerland. If anything else can be done with tell pass or might consider swiss pass?

Thanks in advance

Stuti

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2017 at 9:32:38 #863002

Hi Stuti,

I think its a good idea with the kids to limit yourself to one attraction per day. If you would like more details on the trips you mention and others have a look at our Luzern activities page here,which lists all of your trips except Brienzer Rothorn.

For your other 2 days, are you looking for mountain excursions or something different? You can take a lake cruise on Lake Luzern, Lake Thun or Lake Brienz. Also from Luzern (local German spelling) you can take a panoramic train to Montreux on the Golden Pass route.

As for rail passes, I would look at the 8 day Swiss Travel Pass for both adults and the free Swiss Family Card (ordered at the same time) to cover your 6 year old (the 18 month old is always free).

You can have a look at what routes and attractions the Swiss Travel Pass covers (fully or partially) here.

Lucas

Annika
    7104 posts
    9 May 2017 at 12:23:05 #863003

Hi Stuti,

You can compare the Swiss Travel Pass validity information provided by Lucas to the Tell pass validity info here. Once your plans are all set, you can start comparing. If you want to make sure which option is most economical, please see our guidelines for the calculation process here.

• The thread ‘8 days in Switzerland – Luzern as a base’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.